March break steelheading

silvio

The best break during the school year for me has to be march break. This break for me means one thing and one thing only steelhead. Apparently Berge (BBNOTTY) is on march break too lol in less then a week he’s taken two days off work lol. So my day started with a mild heart attack when my alarm went off and I proceeded to turn it off role over and fall back into a deep sleep. Luckily I got a mother who didn’t want to hear my complain all day so she barged into my room a quarter after five to tell me to wake up lol. Scared Berge had already come and gone I rushed to call him… after scaring the crap out of me he says “naw man all be there in 10 minutes“. so I grab my gear load it up in the steelie mobile and take off for the tribs. Lately on the way to the tribs we’ve been tying roe in the cars (which my mom freaked out when she found out lol) so after 100 roe bags we were finally in heaven. We suited up greased the shoulders and elbows and proceeded to clam position lol. Not even minutes in Berge smashes a nice steelhead.

I DSCI0003.jpg

followed with a freshly hatched steelhead it was so small but a sign of good things to come. Lots of these guy/girls around (always a good sign)

DSCI0225.jpg

Then I managed to shook both Berge and myself with this spring brown that was as chrome as a steelhead.

DSCI0226.jpg

DSCI0229.jpg

Then Berge decided to hook into this screamer literally this fish took off and wouldn’t stop. With a bit of time and patients the fish was subdued. Nice fish bud what a fight.

DSCI0230.jpg

Fishing died down and with time ticking away we went on the search for some steel.

We arrived at a trib we did well at a week before to see about 5 guys fishing the first pool. We suit up and head down. I see a face I’ve seen before. With some hardcore staring I realized it was MJL. We talked a bit and I told him id show him some water I knew of on the creek. We went walking and got to a nice spot were Berge got a spunky fish.

DSCI0233.jpg

Shortly after MJL got this little bullet.

P1030242b.jpg

All in all it was a great day to be out with great company. It was nice meeting you MJL I am sure well share a few drifts in the near future plus you owe me a fish.

Edited by silvio

All in all it was a great day to be out with great company. It was nice meeting you MJL I am sure well share a few drifts in the near future plus you owe me a fish.

But Berge and I let you have the first cast into the pool. It wasn’t our fault you hooked the tree on the far bank.LOL

It was nice to meet both you and Berge today. Thanks for showing me around that river. I never fished that stretch of it before and it does look like a nice piece of water. I now know which trees to hit for some free floats this summer.

Unbelievably chrome

P1030242b.jpg

I walked by one of the holes on my way back to the car and just had to set up the rod again for a couple more drifts…Ended up with another small hen identical to Berge’s.

Hope to run into you and Berge on the river again. I normally fish alone and the company today was nice.

Great report and pics BTW

Edited by MJL

I walked by one of the holes on my way back to the car and just had to set up the rod again for a couple more drifts…Ended up with another small hen identical to Berge’s.

And the burn continues lol... good job bud.

Fabulous report .. I was planning to head there (to trib #2) tomorrow and now I can see that is definitely gonna be worth the trip .... I knew it would be but you just confirmed it for me ... great ... now I'll be up all night :)

Lol bud I busted it out after seeing that pic lol now I sporting the chin strap. Maybe I should spend less time on here so that I can at least have time to shave lol. Bill were going to have to go state side one of these days.

Edited by silvio

nice fish guys.

amazing the huge number of people the past 2yrs that know about that second creek now.

oh well no more quiet spot now lol

its above zero. time to put on the shoulder pads lol

No kidding.

Two years ago I fished that one ALONE

Kemper, there’s a regular on the trib I talk to every time out. He tells me stories about him and the first 5 guys that were fishing that river 15 years ago. I got one creek I need to hit before it goes down hill. I need to go work my charm as an innocent teen with one of the land owners.