FMZ 17 Survey is up!

Ron

Attended the FMZ 17 meeting last night.

Was a well organized and informative event.

I had some questions answered and a few myths dispelled.

Was great to see you again Bill (b2kptbo) and to finally meet Dutch (Darren) Ron and Michael Brown!

I want to thank the volunteers on the FMZ 17 council as well as the MNR staff who are only interested in bettering our FMZ and for putting in all this time and effort.

Dutch, thats a great post and I think you covered it all there B)

Now we patiently wait to hear the results from all this work. :Gonefishing:

Thank You.

To the OFC people who made it out to the meeting last night in Peterborough.

I enjoyed meeting you and appreciated your questions and comments. It is nice to see people "walk the walk" and support something they believe in.

We had approx. 70 people at the meeting last night in Peterborough.

The MNR has received just over 600 completed surveys , so far.

Considering that with 1.4 million anglers in the province and zone 17 is one of the most popular angling destinations, we can do better.

Please take the time to complete a survey and help spread the word.

If you would like more information visit the website posted earlier in this thread or plan to attend one of the remaining information sessions.

Hi Everyone;

Tonight's meeting is in Port Hope and I just received word that there will be FREE coffee and possibly COOKIES for those who attend, along with valuable information concerning the fishery resource. :blink:

Come out and have your opinion heard and show support for some progressive angling regulation proposals.

The facebook petition to have Ron Reyns give the opening presentation topless has been slow to change public opinion but come down and meet a dedicated angler member of the council who has been working hard to improve the fishery we all enjoy. :worthy:

Hi Everyone;

Tonight's meeting is in Port Hope and I just received word that there will be FREE coffee and possibly COOKIES for those who attend, along with valuable information concerning the fishery resource. :blink:

Come out and have your opinion heard and show support for some progressive angling regulation proposals.

The facebook petition to have Ron Reyns give the opening presentation topless has been slow to change public opinion but come down and meet a dedicated angler member of the council who has been working hard to improve the fishery we all enjoy. :worthy:

Mike Mike Mike......

Please do not scare off the interested folks who wish to gain more information and give input on the resource we all enjoy.

For the record, I've been topless before and it ain't pretty!

011.jpg

Sorry for the late replies to everyone but it seems I just have too much stuff on my plate and trying to keep up on this thread unfortunately seemed to be on the second bottom of the list. (Work is on the very bottom of my list, or so it seems).

It was nice seeing JeffBornFishin, b2kptbo and Dutch. All of who I have met for the first time. Nice to know there are local guys on this board. If we get a few more guys from our area active on here, perhaps we can get a GTG in the Summer months on one of the lakes around Peterborough.

Well, one more meeting down and the last one to go. This is the closest meeting to the GTA coming up. Seems like lots of folks on here are in the Oshawa area. I hope to see some or all of you at the meeting. The meetings are informative and this gives you a chance to voice your opinions. I don't think there has been a meeting yet where one of the questions wasn't about enforcement. There is no clear answer as it is in the hands of a different level of the MNR, certainly this concern about enforcement will be brought forward to the proper level and glad to see it is of concern to many people. I think people seem to understand the reasoning of why the walleye regulations have to change for zone 17. It's hard to explain from behind the keyboard but in a nut shell, majority of people who fish catch one walleye in a days fishing and majority of those fish are over 18 inches in length. The majority of people who are showing up to these meetings are Resort Owners and seasoned anglers, the people who know how to catch fish and in numbers. Many thanks to the MNR staff for putting on such an informative presentation and also Mike Brown and Chris Giles.

Hopefully at the end of this process, we as the council can give you an updated "play by play" of what's going on.

Cheers, Ron...

Oshawa Tonight

Tonight is the last of the public information session meetings. The location is in Oshawa, 7:00-9:00 pm. O’Neill C.V.I..

Thank to Ron Reyns for his presentation on behalf of the council last night in Port Hope. :clapping:

For those who attended the meeting and were wondering why it started 5 minutes late....it was the guy from the CAA tow truck's fault. It took him a few extra minutes to get the keys out of Ron's locked truck. :stretcher:

Picture_001__Small_.jpg

Hi Ron

It was good see to Jimmy out to the meeting he has been raping my pocket for 35 years in the walleye wars. If the mnr takes my challenge Jimmy will be on the team.

Was very disappointed that the mnr added 70cm trophy and 200 possession after I did my survey and didn't mention that they adjusting as they go.

If you can set up a meeting with Kawratha Assessment we could talk about way that slot hurt Balsam. more than it help.

Rice recovered from a devastating crash without mnr help so I'm not pro very restrictive measures.

Garnet

Hi Ron

It was good see to Jimmy out to the meeting he has been raping my pocket for 35 years in the walleye wars. If the mnr takes my challenge Jimmy will be on the team.

Was very disappointed that the mnr added 70cm trophy and 200 possession after I did my survey and didn't mention that they adjusting as they go.

If you can set up a meeting with Kawratha Assessment we could talk about way that slot hurt Balsam. more than it help.

Rice recovered from a devastating crash without mnr help so I'm not pro very restrictive measures.

Garnet

Hi Garnet,

I thought that was you who signed up to this site. Nice to see you here.

I hope we can see if something like joining forces with the netting surveys and creels would add to the research information in regards to the walleye population.

As for adding the 70cm trophy on the harvest slot, it has always been in the survey. Same goes for the 200 possession limit on panfish.

Cheers, Ron...

The public information session meetings ended last night in Oshawa with about 30 people in attendance.

I would like to take a minute to thank all who participated and provided their support or concerns. The questions asked have been recorded and will discussed at the next council meeting.

To the MNR staff and in particular the fishery advisory council volunteer members who helped set these meetings up, give presentations, answer questions and gave up their personal time to attend.

A very big thank you. :clapping:

If you were unable to attend a public meeting, please feel free to review the information posted on the council website and complete a survey.

http://www.ontario.ca/zonecouncils

http://www.FMZ17survey.ca

This is your opportunity to have input in to how your fishery is managed.