Lost my old buddy

Bernie

Well this thread brought a tear to my eye!! Gees dog lovers or what!! Bernie, sorry to hear that you lost a true friend. Ben, my 13 1/2 year old collie/golden retriever x is old very old. He has a hard time standing up yet still wants to go for a small walk. I can still get him all excited when I call out "Squirrel", though no more chasing is involved. I know that my time with my friend is coming to and end and it will be an extremely difficult time for me when I have to say goodbye to Ben.

My faithful friend of the last 12 years had to be put to rest this morning.

A very sad day in our household. He was a great dog. He went everywhere with me.

I think the thing I will miss the most is when I go home after work and he won't be there to greet me. :(

My buddy Hobbes.

P1010727.jpg

My heart goes out to you Bernie. We lost our eldest Golden June 12, 2008 and feel the pain of his absence daily.

God bless.

Bernie I hope you enjoy this passage that a good friend had sent to me after the passing of my best friend.

"God summoned a beast from the field and he said, "Behold Man, created in my own image. Therefore, adore him. You shall protect him in the wilderness, shepherd his flocks, watch over his children, accompany him wherever he may go…even unto civilization. You shall be his companion, his ally, his slave." "To do these things" God said, "I endow you with these instincts uncommon to other beasts: Faithfulness, Devotion, and understanding surpassing those of man himself. Lest it impair your courage, you shall never foresee your death. Lest it impair your loyalty, you shall be blind to the faults of man. Lest it impair your understanding, you are denied the power of words. Let no fault of language cleave an accord beyond that of man with any other beast or even man with man. Speak to your master only with your mind and through your honest eyes. Walk by his side, sleep in his doorway, forage for him, ward off his enemies, carry his burdens, share his afflictions, love him and comfort him. And in return for this, man will fulfill your needs and wants which shall be only food, shelter, and affection. So be silent and be a friend to man. Guide him through the perils along the way to the land that I have promised him.

"This shall be your destiny and your immortality. So sayeth the Lord. And the dog heard and was content.""

(Author Unknown )