Temagami report

Jds63

Sorry for the delay getting our trip to Temagami posted … but the fishing for us was not that great. We left Wednesday Feb18th at 2:00 am and were at the hub by 7:30 with a stop in North Bay for some Timmy’s coffee.

Bruce from Tamar picked us up as he figured the weather conditions were going to deteriorate over the next few days… boy was he right.

It snowed and blowed solid until Saturday morning .. with the first sunshine peaking out on Saturday.

All in all ,out of 4 of us we caught 4 lakers ,3 whitefish ,2 lake herring and countless numbers of ling. Interestingly enough all the lakers were caught on spreaders … we were targeting whitefish but the lakers were hitting them. Whitefish were around 3 lbs

The biggest laker 5lber was caught on the bright sunny Saturday… perhaps the weather really had something to do with it !

The picture of the ling was late a night in the hut and it was 5lbs 3 ounces …the biggest one I have ever seen … it’s a beauty picture LOL

Here are few pics that might be worthy of posting …

Waiting for our pickup

Temagami2009001.jpg

Mod made to my Hummingbird ... thanks Irishfield

Temagami2009008.jpg

laker on the spreader and my homemade fish cradle, great for quick measurements

Temagami2009010.jpg

whitey

Temagami2009025.jpg

tipup setup , caught 1 whitey, caught the rest on jigging

Temagami2009027.jpg

buddy's laker

Temagami2009037.jpg

drillin some holes, Jeff's dog loved it

Temagami2009035.jpg

last but not least our favorite ,,, the ling shot

mrugly.jpg

"Fishing wasn't good"... sounds like you did great compared to our main lake catch. Back lakes saved our butts. As you say weather was nuts... but what can ya do. The main part of the trip was the laughts anyhow right... !! ?? lol Did ya bump into Bunk before he left on Thursday??? He was staying same place...

Great report and pics jds63 :thumbsup_anim:

You guys did pretty good considering the bad weather.... congratulations :clapping:

It's a good pic of the ling but man aren't those the ugliest you ever seen... you guys must of been fishing deep cause it's eyes were bulging.

Did you keep the ling? suppose to be real good eating

Again great job and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Yes man.

Good to see the huts produced at least a little sumthin'. 5lb laker is a great fish too.

Too bad I missed ya. Wednesday was a tiring day for us, then thursday was a pack and go. Ya should have just poked in our cabin on your way by though.

Good results for yas in that nasty weather if ya think about it. Pretty limited for moving around. Spreader picked up a big ling I think for my bud, but I wasn't interested in the nite bite after the gorging we did with our suppers. lol. Way to stick it out.

That Bruce is a great fella.

Edited by Moosebunk

Leechman... one of the guys cleaned a ling .. they took the meat off the top of the back, they say it tastes like lobster, and yeah that is one ugly looking ling with the bulging eyes

Moosebunk... , i came by your cabin and asked for ya but you were inside .. you guys had come back from ....., your friends said they caught some pickeral and some oos big bass

in the 6 winters up there that was the toughest fishing for us, but like you say the trip is also about sharin some good times with the guys,

I would like to try and get up there in the spring

Edited by jds63

Good report,,,,I always have great time up at camp tamar,,,head up there every may maybe next year i'll make it up for the ice!!

I'd also love to see a video of how to clean a ling,,seems like it would be close to cleaning a catfish,,,plan to try that meat someday!

nice report....lakers this year on the main lake were a bit funny..i caught most of my lakers this year on a still line..i had a spoon with a minnow and i did not jig it...just lifted it every so often to check if fish was on...this out produced all my buddies this year and happens every so often on temagami.... i dont know why but it does... but not all years...