Temagami February 2009

irishfield

Great report, Wayne -- been waiting for that to show up :) I'm pretty sure I know exactly where you were on Kokoko...the spot Jess and I camped at is in one of your shots. Beautiful back there...good on you guys for putting on the miles to come up with some dandy fish!

ricks camp is on the island hub, Im up on the north arm.Im out of the way so many dont realize Im there. The camp has been there since 1969.Its not commercial obviously strictly family. But by all means come on by, im sure I could hunt down a refreshment or two to share.

Thanks Todd... I'll keep it in mind and watch for signs of life at your camp when I go by. The guys had an idea to sled to Lady E thru Diamond. Is there any substantial current we should be staying clear of in the North arm of Diamond?

I look like this from below + shiney floats in the summer of course.

djkfrombelow1.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Yes definately, beware of the waterfall between diamond and lady E. It looks good but there is a heavy current there. Usaully there is a trail made around the bad spots. Even on lady E the water way narrows and has a decent current.,however the shore line is open and good riding, so if you stay off the water until the main body of water or at least till it opens up a bit you will be fine.That being said ive seen sled tracks right down these questionable spots and they seemed ok, but i would caution you there.

Yes definately, beware of the waterfall between diamond and lady E. It looks good but there is a heavy current there. Usaully there is a trail made around the bad spots. Even on lady E the water way narrows and has a decent current.,however the shore line is open and good riding, so if you stay off the water until the main body of water or at least till it opens up a bit you will be fine.That being said ive seen sled tracks right down these questionable spots and they seemed ok, but i would caution you there.

THANKS! Like they say if you don't know... don't go and why we didn't go this year. With that info and my topos we should be good Todd. Do you have a gas stash in your camp??? LOL.. We were just making it round trip to Ferguson Bay and back on fuel as it was.

Edited by irishfield

gas stash? I'll never tell lol. I used to keep it outside in the winter but the wolves (believe it or not) would eat it ,the jerry cans to boot.So the answer is no. I really dont go much in the winter.I have some friends from new liskeard that go in often to check on the place but thats about it.

• 7 months later...