Mike Iaconelli

Cudz

Mike is an Over the top fisherman for sure but I can't help but like him. He is from Jersey and he is a freak but you just never know what he is going to do. He does yell a lot but that boy can fish. He is passionate about fishing. Watch these clips. People either hate him or love him. I think he is great and he adds some spice to the Bass Elite. Whenever you hear Mercer or anyone else yell "NEVER GIVE UP!!!! you know where they got it from. Iaconelli is a legend.

and this his winning fish in the 03 classic at the last second of the tourney. lol!

and his patented move

this is classic Iaconelli (a bit lond but funny ending)

He is a spectacle for sure. I don't get that his name is Yaconelli, but they say Ike onelli. As far as the yelling goes, i don't like to fish with people like that. They should just go away.

We had better not fish together.

A very good fisherman, but way too far over the top for me. Never fished with any one like that, and the first time would be the last. Too much crying wolf, it`s a giant! dude 4-5-6 pound bass, nice fish, giant? No, dude your a pro, act like you have been there.

Tantrums in the boat? Stay home till you grow up.

Just as silly as the nascar act they tried with the bass boats a few years back, 250 hp motor on a bass boat? dudes we expect them to be fast!

A very good fisherman, but way too far over the top for me. Never fished with any one like that, and the first time would be the last. Too much crying wolf, it`s a giant! dude 4-5-6 pound bass, nice fish, giant? No, dude your a pro, act like you have been there.

Tantrums in the boat? Stay home till you grow up.

Just as silly as the nascar act they tried with the bass boats a few years back, 250 hp motor on a bass boat? dudes we expect them to be fast!

If you had followed that particular tournament, you would know how tough the fishing was. 3 pounders were PRECIOUS, and that "Giant" Won him the Bassmasters Classic, worth $200,000. Just thought I'd give you a little insight on his cause for excitement.

I had thought he had grown up past the childish antics but I was wrong again. Thank goodness he didn't win. If he wins in ten years I'll most likely be on the wrong side of the sod but that will still be too soon.

Oh man!!! I don't mind a little enthusiasm, I guess that particular part of the BMC irked me a bit :)

Perhaps this year we can scare some people by screaming and yelling on Simcoe? Giant smallies bring out the best in me! lol

I am in.

He was excited about his fish this year (09 classic) because 1st place is $500000 and 2nd is $45000. He thought it might have been a $450000 swing fish. I guess it would be like you or me winning the lottery

You should get his book "Fishing on the Edge" I bought the audio version that he actually reads.

It's a biography, not a how to book. Of coarse he talks a lot about tournament fishing and how he prepares for tournaments etc.

My g/f bought me that book about 3 years ago. I read it every winter, it's very inspirational, shows how any average joe can make it to the big times.

Actually watched it on TV here Steve, LOL never fished for half a mill, probaby wouldn`t change my act too much. I always took a calm deliberate approach to it. Seen guys get so ticked at local tournies that didn`t do well they just pulled the boat out and left, grumpy!

It`s a game, be a good sportsman about it, win lose or draw.

Skeet and Ike are two of my favorites. Ike can be crazy on camera and lose his cool every so often but he's pretty intense on the water. I followed him on the water on the second day of the Classic in 2005 in Pittsburgh. He gets dialed in and there's no real goofiness unless he get catches a fish. I really enjoyed watching him.

med_gallery_12_111_134384.jpg

He also knows how to get the fans into the action. He had the Civic Arena fired up (I was in the first row on the floor):

med_gallery_12_111_53150.jpg

As for Skeet, I was glad he won this year. He's had some close calls. He can be crazy too. He yelled every time he caught a fish too and he would breakdance in his boat. He even asked us for crackers and water. Here he is at the weigh in (back in the day when he liked the bleached look):

gallery_12_111_96724.jpg

LOL Kemper, fished a club tournament at Lake Chautaqua in New York about 7 years ago, my buddies son came back to the ramp the same time we did. I asked him how did you do? a limit, couple nice fish and some dinks, first two fish he weighed in were like a 7-2 and 5-5 smallie, the dinks were only about a 3 pound average. Almost 24 pound the first day of a two day event, LOL I couldn`t beat his first day total in two days. He didn`t do as good the second day, only like 17 pounds for 5 fish. He won by a landslide, and one of the guys in the club has a house on the lake and fishes it way more often than we do.