Canadian tire SALE

FISHINGNUT

i'm so over the ctc sales it's not even funny, my local store's big sale this week is a plastic plano storage box reg. $7.00 for 50% off, and the cordless rapala knife 50% off, good deal on THOSE items, but hardly a fishing sale or clearance, last week they had sorel winter boots for 50% off, not one store in sudbury, esponala or timmins had a single pair, (6 stores.......ZERO boots) what the heck, (I called all those stores on the thursday before the sale started, and visited 2 of them later in the week, the 2 i visited didn't even have a spot to sell the boots)

Surprise, surprise, amazing how many would spend $$ on gas to get something on sale where the price is already low in the first place. Then to find out that it is not available.

I would not buy even split shot at CTC. But once in a while when I see a CTC ad of something that I should buy and at a good price, I buy it.

I was going to rent a tree pruner this spring. I have a bad back and so I would have to rent it a number of times. On Oct 1/8 I saw a CTC ad for tree pruners - Fiskar, regular price was $69.99, sale price was $34.99, 1/2 off. So I went to the store on Oct 2/8 to buy one. They did not have it in stock. Lady SAID THAT NONE OF THE STORE HAD IT IN STOCK. So that was it for me - can't do much. But before I walked away, the lady said that I can get a "rain check" - first time for me. I was given the next delivery date.

I phoned in a couple of weeks on the so-called new delivery date and there was none delivered. I would check online and the results were screwy. When online showed "in stock" the store had none. I kept checking on the delivery dates that I was given and every time they had none.

On Jan 27/9 I checked the online and the pruners were in stock. Confirmed by phone and went the next day and bought it. It took me a bit of time but I have a good buy and it will be cheaper than renting one.

Also, the price went up for 2009.

There is someone here who wanted to buy a pair of Sorel boots. For boots, I think he could have gotten a rain check. I think one would not be able to get a rain check for items sold from a BIN.

Get rain checks if you are serious in buying and it is worth a bit of a hassle.

carp-starter

you can get a rain check for any item that they are going to bring in more stock. If the item is end of life then there is no way you can get one as the odds are slim they are going to get stock. This is the case with MOST stores, all you have to do is ask. Well, I've heard Walmart doesn't but many others do...