Perch, Walleye and Whitie Report

Leecher

Thanks everyone for the kind words :thumbsup_anim: Had a blast yesterday.... Simply awesome :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again Paul and Kevin!! Will have to do it again soon :thumbsup_anim::canadian:

Jacques

You're allowed 3 lines per person?

I'm jealous.

Joey, out here we are allowed 5 lines per person but only use 3 and a jigging rod most times

Why didn't we see any pics of Paul with fish?... is he camera shy? ;)

I think so Glen.... I'm just not fast enough with the camera to snap a pic of him before he put his catches back into the hole Hahahaha!!

Edited by Leechman

Steve we parked along the road , where that local dude sent us , but this time we walked to the islands that were over to the right of us ,The ones that were one KILOMETER away....... :wacko::wacko:

Lots of time left to go back :clapping:

I know exactly where you went Paul :canadian: how thick was the ice off the ice road??....I'm hoping that after we get this warmer weather forecasted this week and rain, I'll be able to bring the ATV up and drive to the "new" hot spot!!......Not to keen on walking one KILOMETER through knee high snow and 6" of slush....:stretcher::whistling: but then again, Kevin's a young lad and can carry our stuff :thumbsup_anim:

how thick was the ice off the ice road??....be able to bring the ATV up and drive to the "new" hot spot!!

Must be a good 2' feet.... It looked like they had flooded the road again.... driving on bare black ice :thumbsup_anim:

That sounds like a plan Steve.... would be easier then walking :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Ben and Kickingfrog!!

Must be a good 2' feet.... It looked like they had flooded the road again.... driving on bare black ice :thumbsup_anim:

Jacques, I know the ice road thickess is over 2' because they have been flooding it and there's no snow on it...but, when we were up last weekend, there was only ~12" of ice where we fished off of the ice road....I was just wondering what the thickness was where you guys setup camp yesterday?

there was only ~12" of ice where we fished off of the ice road....I was just wondering what the thickness was where you guys setup camp yesterday?

Ahhh OK... Me bad :blush: Read your question wrong :blink: There was 13" of black ice where we were yesterday :thumbsup_anim:

8 to 12 inches............... :unsure: :unsure:

We were fishing a flat and on both sides there was current ,,, thats where the 8 inches was :w00t::wacko: :wacko:

I kinda figured the ice wasn't getting thicker just because of that pile of snow that's on top along with the slush....Hey Paul, remember how your line was going on an angle under the ice last weekend at the second place we drilled holes before lunch???? :Gonefishing: ....lot's of current :stretcher:

... too lazy to drill the other 2 holes Jacques??? ;)

LOL Glen... Yeah maybe I :dunno: Hahahaha!!! but just think for a moment.... I make my own tipups and if I had to build 10 every time I come up with a new idea :w00t: I wouldn't go out on the hard stuff at all :lol:

I think I'll stick with 5 minus 2 for now :thumbsup_anim: then I have a couple for backup :D

Edited by Leechman

10 lines!!!!!!!! :glare::w00t:

that WAY to many AND way to long to re set-up when you run and gun!

we are aloud 5 each but seems like we never set up 5 anyways....

jigging is #1

They must allow 10 around Montreal because there aren't any fish there eh?

Just look at Roy and Mike the Pike's reports!!! :w00t:

... what's that you say?... what reports??? :stretcher:

That's what I'm talking about!!! :whistling:

those are some nice lookin fish boys! 12 inch perch are tasty and so are them whites! nice size to all the fish, the eyes are prime for the pan! looks like all the fish are healthy from out of there!

great report and thanks fer sharin nice pictures by the way!

Matt!