It's finally going to happen!!

NAC

I'm sure many of you power-boaters just sighed after reading the description. ;)

I tried in 2007 to make something happen, but being one of very few in Ontario who used a kayak as their primary mode of fishing.... and then again last year(some of you may remember my post), I was so hopeful of making it happen only to have it dashed by too few anglers willing to commit.

Now in 2009 with the population of yakfishers doubling and tripling the past few years, it is going to happen and it's gonna be BIG!

Please see Announcements and Contests for details.

Edited by nomad

• 4 months later...

It's two weeks away now folks and there are 2 - 16' high end fishing kayaks to be won, each valued over $1600, plus a pile of other gear.

We now have a website for the tourney Ontario Kayak Fishing Classic

There's going to be a bunch of boats there to demo for free if anyone is interested in just trying it out or seeing what it's all about.

Unless it's C&R but well i don't know how its gonna work...

It's actually C-P-R, but you'd know that if you read any of the post. Read and react folks not the reverse. :)

Just remember that a big reason 90% of us went to kayak from motorboat is conservation.

Here's what it's all about, Catch-Photo-Release:

Neil-springbrown.jpg

Russwalleye.jpg

P1010444.jpg

P1010731-1.jpg

I don't see a prize, for "the wildest ride" caught on video !

That little bass I caught while out on a kayak last year pulled me all over the narrow section of the Maitland river...

i can't imagine the thrill of being yanked around by something bigger on more open water..

Maybe give the winner of the wildest ride, an anchor or a drift sock ? B)

Have fun guys.

Splashhopper

Edited by splashhopper

It's actually C-P-R, but you'd know that if you read any of the post. Read and react folks not the reverse. :)

Just remember that a big reason 90% of us went to kayak from motorboat is conservation.

Here's what it's all about, Catch-Photo-Release:

Neil-springbrown.jpg

Russwalleye.jpg

P1010444.jpg

P1010731-1.jpg

Ah CPR. Good to hear but I'm guessing that measurements are taken along with photos to prove your catch. Only can skip through that link you showed me.

I don't see a prize, for "the wildest ride" caught on video !

That little bass I caught while out on a kayak last year pulled me all over the narrow section of the Maitland river...

i can't imagine the thrill of being yanked around by something bigger on more open water..

Maybe give the winner of the wildest ride, an anchor or a drift sock ? B)

Have fun guys.

Splashhopper

My friends dad got taken for a ride in a half by a muskie when he was in a canoe, eventually the muskie spooled him.