Squaretails

Sinker

Nice fish! I knew i shoulda joined you and Rich. I woulda probably needed 2-4'x8' sheets of plywood to use for snowshoes in that snow. I kinda like going out with that thing with skis and a motor.......u know that watchamacallit thats on my trailer

Ha.......I'm not sure what it would take to get you off simcoe!!! I've made several good trips away from her now, and sent the invite.......maybe next time you'll break the habit, and try a different lake???? You must be growing scales by now......are your lips turning downward too??? :whistling:

BTW......just ate those trout........OMG......I'm going bask asap!!!!

Sinker

Ha.......I'm not sure what it would take to get you off simcoe!!! I've made several good trips away from her now, and sent the invite.......maybe next time you'll break the habit, and try a different lake???? You must be growing scales by now......are your lips turning downward too??? :whistling:

BTW......just ate those trout........OMG......I'm going bask asap!!!!

Sinker

You know as well as i do there are no fish in SIMCOE :whistling:

We made the 2km hike in, in snow up to our crotch... :stretcher: ...it was a workout to say the least......thank god for snowshoes, or we never would have made it. Got to the lake at the crack of 1:30pm. Not a track.......

Crack of 1:30pm....lol....too funny.

looks like it was more than worth the effort and crotch freeze though...outstanding work Mr. Sinker :worthy:

I've only tried once for those trout...was not successful....lol....but been up to the nutz in snow before very successfully :canadian:

Crack of 1:30pm....lol....too funny.

looks like it was more than worth the effort and crotch freeze though...outstanding work Mr. Sinker :worthy:

I've only tried once for those trout...was not successful....lol....but been up to the nutz in snow before very successfully :canadian:

Limey, there has got to be some amazing speck fishing up your way!! They are the king of trout man, getter done!!! If I lived up there, that's all I'd be after. I"m sure there are some brutes around that area someplace!!

Sinker

Is that those Mexican type Carp you were tellin' me about in chat the other night Bubba???

They look kinda like Brook Trout... don't they?

Great effort on both you and your Bud's part!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

... but I gotta say, they must not have been in there that thick if you didn't catch very many eh? ;)

Lookin' forward to your next :Gonefishing: report!!!

Is that those Mexican type Carp you were tellin' me about in chat the other night Bubba???

They look kinda like Brook Trout... don't they?

Great effort on both you and your Bud's part!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

... but I gotta say, they must not have been in there that thick if you didn't catch very many eh? ;)

Lookin' forward to your next :Gonefishing: report!!!

Ha.......nope, couldn't find the mexican carp lake Glen........it seems to have dissappeared :dunno:

Them right there are the king of the trouts! Some great eatin I tell ya!!! Worth every ounce of sweat!!!

Sinker

great report sinker, havnt had the snowshoe adventures in about 3 years since my old man moved away, sure love seeing them photos, dont ya just hate when lakes dry up and disappear? hahah good job on gettin a nice catch of beauty specks, as for being packed full they may have been empty the day prior, darn hit and miss fish! never know when they are gonna turn on the feed, good work and dont blame it on being out of shape, but rather the snowshoes are too heavy or not big enough to keep ya up top or the snow was sticky. hahah good luck on the next voyage and good luck if the next trip is for pike too!

Matt!

great report sinker, havnt had the snowshoe adventures in about 3 years since my old man moved away, sure love seeing them photos, dont ya just hate when lakes dry up and disappear? hahah good job on gettin a nice catch of beauty specks, as for being packed full they may have been empty the day prior, darn hit and miss fish! never know when they are gonna turn on the feed, good work and dont blame it on being out of shape, but rather the snowshoes are too heavy or not big enough to keep ya up top or the snow was sticky. hahah good luck on the next voyage and good luck if the next trip is for pike too!

Matt!

Yep, hit and miss fish for sure. I've been skunked on this lake soooo many times its not even funny. If the other lake hadn't dried up and dissappeared, I wouldn't have gone!! LOL

I think I'm just a lil outta shape though. I needed the workout! Getta get off the smokes eh :canadian:

Sinker

Yep, hit and miss fish for sure. I've been skunked on this lake soooo many times its not even funny. If the other lake hadn't dried up and dissappeared, I wouldn't have gone!! LOL

I think I'm just a lil outta shape though. I needed the workout! Getta get off the smokes eh :canadian:

Sinker

i'm trying to get off them, and i can relate to the deep snow and snowshoes i bought a set of tubbs 36 inchers 2 years ago and are by far the best i have ever used! skunked? fishin specks? hahahhah happens all too often, although a day of gettin skunked speck fishin is better than a kick in the twins any day.

I have a set of tubbs as well. This time I broke out the old 14x48 old school rackets. They saved our ass!! Anything smaller would have been brutal. We were still sinking over a foot with those big boys on!!!

Your right, skunked speck fishing is for sure better than a kick in the twins!!!!

Sinker

Its not that there was that much snow.......there was a few feet.......but it was all light powder. You'd need a sheet of plywood to stay on top.... LOL. A workout anyway you look at it.

I always look down the hole fishin specks. I've seen some amazing things doing it too. One time there was a cray fish at the bottom of the hole. So I tried to snag him up. I'd get him, and lift it a few inches off bottom, then he'd get off. I'd snag him again, same thing, a couple inches up he'd get off. All the while, I'm stirring up the bottom. Well don't ya know it, in comes a big ole speck and grabs the crayfish!!! Didn't even look at my jig.........what a jerk!!! LOL They'll eat anything!!!!

Sinker