Fishing The Niagara River

Streamerguy

We all know how Cold and Bad the conditions have been on the river this past Month but when I got

Anytime off work and weekends I did wet (I mean freeze up) my line.

I picked up a new Centerpin in Dec (christmas present to me from me :) )I just couldn't resist after

all the price was right,Iv'e never used or casted one in my life and I couldn't wait to use it.Well

the weather turned out perfect on Jan 1st for a Centerpin newb with a 13' rod in his hands...NO WIND

and it was also good nobody was around but a few locals.I got the feel by my 7th cast but landed this

Beauty gal on my 5th cast :)

1stonCenterpin.jpg

She was the only one for that day but was well worth it......

Got out again on the 18th,caught 2 but only landed this one.Weather was way to cold for fishing but

it was a weekend :) lol

SDC10223.jpg

Left early from work on a friday and landed only this 1 for the day.Ran into Jack (jwl) and he had just

about the same luck that day as did everyone else, 1 fish to show for it.Still better than sitting around

the house watching the tube :)

SDC10224.jpg

This day was just too much with the huge ice floating around the size of a pick-up truck and trying to

dodge bolders all day was not the perfect conditions, but I did manage to land this huge gal...

SDC10226.jpg

That was about it for Jan and thank god that's all over...It was a cold ,low vis,ice dodging month

and I am glad it's done.

Let's see what Feb report brings :canadian::thumbsup_anim:

Cheers

Streamerguy

hey like you said better then sitting around watching the tube! some nice steel there.

Im itching to get back down, I stored my boat in niagara for the winter but havent been out much with the crap conditions we've had.

Great report and pics Streamerguy :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like that new centrepin's working great for you :thumbsup_anim:

Good looking steels..... congratulations :clapping:

Looks like January been good to you.... can't wait to see February reports!!

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

Nice...very nice.... Some of those pics look damn cold !!!

Thanx JD , freaken eh it was :canadian:

HARDCORE !

Great pics .I'd say you mastered that float rod.

Seeing the boat in the background of the last pic is just plain mean lol!

thanks for posting

TB

HARDCORE or ADDICTED? :whistling:

BTW.. I made that last pic my screensaver B)

Thanx for the reply's

Streamerguy

great report on some really tough conditions . guess you didn't get too bummed out

when you're catchin' beauty bows like that with the new reel!!! big WAY TO GO . that's nothing

like ice fishing ,, i hope they [viewing OFC'ers] get the difference and appreciate this post .

glad to see things are payin' off ,, great job!!

very nice report man, you summed up the month pretty well there.

It's only been the hardcore nut jobs out there for the most part trying to get into the fish and it hasn't been easy either :blink:

pretty tough trying to get any good numbers of fish when only like every 20th cast you can make is a good one :lol: who would have thought that steelies would turn out to be the fish of 10,000 casts :w00t:

February can only get better,as long as I don't make plans a week ahead of time to get out in my boat maybe we won't get a foot of snow at a time :Gonefishing:

Toughing it out paid off for you and atleast you got something every trip out, now all we have to do is figure out what colours the damn fish want..seems it's been differetn every time, I been fishing the lower from shore and the upper from boat over the last few weeks and I swear every fish i caught came on a different colour.

Good seeing ya out there the other day, too bad we where packing it in for the day, have to try and catch ya on one of those days where a few of us get together in our boats and try and get you out there for the day :Gonefishing:

Hey I just noticed something in your pics there...looks like all hens, and some fresh ones too, last couple times I was there almost all ole beater been in the river for a while bucks caught by everyone, nice to see the mix

Edited by jwl

Thanx for the reply's all :D hope you enjoyed it as i did catching them.Soft water at it's coldest :w00t:

Good seeing ya out there the other day, too bad we where packing it in for the day, have to try and catch ya on one of those days where a few of us get together in our boats and try and get you out there for the day :Gonefishing:

Ya it was good to see you out there tossing from shore.I'm always game for a boat ride.Thanx for the invite.

Cya down there soon.

Once again thanx for the comments people

Streamerguy

:Gonefishing: