Which would you use on Simcoe

Cudz

I have not been as successful as I would like to be this year on the hardwater on Simcoe.

If you had a choice of lure to jig what would it be. I am after lakers and whitefish in that order.

Keep in mind that one hole will have a tip up with spreader using shiners. In the second hole I will be jigging with:

a ) Williams half and half ice fishing lure

b ) white tube jig

c ) white tube jig tipped with shiner

d ) Bad Boyz jig tipped with microtube

I am leaning toward the williams but if there are any other suggestions please do not hesitate.

Edited by Cudz

Cudz -- so far this year I'm seeing the most success on spoons, then bad boyz. I'm one for two, and it was a silver williams jigging spoon with a small patch of green prism tape. But most of the success around me has been on spoons...with fish being about 3-4 feet off bottom. WHen fish were right on bottom, I caught mine, and the guys doing well around me were using bad boyz.

Williams , I jig with 2 lines , one with a w60 ice jig 1/2 & 1/2 and the other a w50 williams wobbler. I seem to get my share of fish.

You jig with 2 lines at once? Am I reading that right?

so are your hole like 4 ft apart?

You jig with 2 lines at once? Am I reading that right?

so are your hole like 4 ft apart?

Yeah 2 lines at once.. Cut a hole right infront of me and then one about 4 feet to my left. I put a stick across the 2nd hole for the line to slide on, sit on my sled and jig away. The second line is more of a sideways jig that slides on the stick over the 2nd hole. If you dont put something over the hole for the line to slide on , the line will freeze into the ice. Sure is fun when a fish hits the 2nd line YEHAWWWWWWWWW

Yeah 2 lines at once.. Cut a hole right infront of me and then one about 4 feet to my left. I put a stick across the 2nd hole for the line to slide on, sit on my sled and jig away. The second line is more of a sideways jig that slides on the stick over the 2nd hole. If you dont put something over the hole for the line to slide on , the line will freeze into the ice. Sure is fun when a fish hits the 2nd line YEHAWWWWWWWWW

Its even more fun when you get one on each!! Sometimes not so much fun when you get one on either, and it wraps up in the other :stretcher::wallbash:

Every fish I've caught from simcoe this season so far has been on the badboy tipped with a 2" tube. I did, however, snag a laker, right in the side, with a williams :wallbash: What a pain in the :asshat: getting that one up the hole to get my lure back!!

I'm a die hard williams fan though. I don't go icefishing anywhere without a rod rigged with a williams.

Sinker