Simcoe Whities and Lakers

Aaron Shirley

I have been fishing Simcoe the past couple of weeks with several friends, and some days have been good, and others no so good. It has not been consistent for me or others I have talked with.

Barry had a great day last Thurs, but when I went Sat, it sucked. Two days can make a big difference!

We have found fish from 80- to 106-feet of water. Mostly lakers with some whities. The best baits have been Williams Ice spoons and live emerald shiners. I am seeing lots of fish looking at my baits, but most fish have little interest and don't chase the bait up at all. They are off the sonar as quickly as they show up for the most part. When they are more active on sonar and chase the baits, we do much better.

Here are a few pics from the last couple weeks.

Simcoe_Ice_Lakers_2.jpg

Simcoe_Ice_Lakers_4.jpg

Simcoe_Ice_Lakers_5.jpg

Simcoe_Ice_Lakers_6.jpg

Simcoe_Ice_Lakers_7.jpg

Simcoe_Ice_Lakers_8.jpg

Simcoe_Ice_Lakers_9.jpg

Simcoe_Lakers_01_17_1.jpg

Simcoe_Lakers_01_17_3.jpg

Simcoe_Lakers_01_17_2.jpg

Simcoe_Lakers_01_24_3.jpg

I am going to get back out there this week.

Good fishing!

Aaron

Hey guys, love your show, I watch it all the time. Those are some nice whities and lakers. I was out last Thursday also and we had an amazing day(kinda we lost way more than we landed) but when we went back the following day we only had 1 whitie to show for our efforts. Guys where still catching fish but the key that day was to have sonar because the fish where suspended pretty high off the bottom. Did you have that same problem on Saturday?? This week looks like its gonna be a good one so maybe the bite will be on again. Hope to hear some more reports and maybe we will see you our there sometime.

-fishnpro

Aaron and Barry

Some Nice Fish there!!!

It has been a VERY succesful year!! Lots of Lakers, but we are getting a good # of Whities also. Same spots as previous years BUT always a few new ones!!! Gotta Like that,

When are Ya getting the Iceguidez Don out??? Or has he gone to Bass Fishin' Only???

Rick

Thanks for all the great comments.

Hey Joey, go out 2 miles, thirteen paces to the left, 2 paces straight and you should be there, LOL. Actually, I have been fishing off Big Bay Point off the big underwater point on the GPS in about 100- to 106'. They have been around that area, but it has been hit and miss. I heard people are getting them off Jackson's Point and a few other spots as well.

Fishnpro, we saw them on bottom mostly, and lots of them. They would be gone as soon as they showed on sonar though. Very inactive, they wouldn't chase a bait. The few that did, were quick to get to our baits, then stopped when we paused, and refused them. Very frustrating.

Rick, talked to Don a week ago or so, and he was heading to Nippissing for a while. I think he is more into bass now though. He's got he bass bug.

Speaking of the bass bug, yeah, leave it to Jimmy Dodd to lip a laker! Bass is in his veins!

I plan on heading out tomorrow (Thursday) from Big Bay Point at about 7am. Plan to drive my 4x4 Explorer out to the spot. The ice should be good enough now, as there was about 12" on Sat. I am not walking out that far again in the snow, especially with the snow we just had! If anyone here wants to join me and my friend Mitch, you are more than welcome... there is lots of ice out there.

Good fishing!

Aaron

Aaron

Just a Heads Up You will find a lot more Snow on the ice since last Sat!!! We have about 5 " to-day, with some strong NW winds. You will find some drifts out there for sure, Bring a Shovel!!!

Have Fun

Rick