Simcoe Lakers

icefisherman

Had to take advantage of the nice day today...started bright and early with 1.7km walk.

Snow was quite deep in spots and walking was very difficult...other spots almost no snow....all in all though...not a pleasant walk at all.

Got one white fish in the first 30 min but after getting it on the ice it slipped from my hands and bam went down head first in the other hole.

Not to self- drill ONLY one hole (not one for each rod and one for the fishfinder) as sometime those holes work against me).

Fishing was slow...I knew with such rapid weather change (from -20 to +3 to -20) yesterday/today/tomorrow fish may not be in feeding mood and I sure was right.

Kept seeing snowmobiles flying all over the lake in search of productive spots but have only seen one other fish been caught (heard later of few more been caught).

Right when I was wandering how in the world I'll make it back my good buddy Don calls and minutes later finds me bussing in with his brand spanking new snowmobile. Nice machine Don and appreciate your company and saving my but from walking couple more km's today....please put it in your calendar....boat trip on Lake O/Lake Erie at your convenience on my boat this summer.

Location change and marking lot of fish but no takers....they came....looked...and went....didn't show much interest n our presentation. Had to work VERY HARD not to get skunked today. What a difference 2 weeks make...2 weeks ago I was having problem keeping the lakers off my hook....today....well let's just say I got lucky to get two hits and get my limit...kind of 100% success rate :clapping: 75 to 105 fow.

First one on Williams Green eye, second one 30 seconds before we leave on the minnow line (thanks for the minnows Don).

Here are couple shots from the day:

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

WTG bud....I was wondering if that 1.7 km walk was the one we talked about....I think so.....lol....but there were more fish and fishermen when I was there.....but then like you mentioned the weather plays it's part....Glad you made out OK,and I guess RR's new machine can hold 2....lol......TC and tight lines......Chuck....

Hey Ice!!

Good on Ya

I heard it was tough Sledding out there to-day!!!

I have been on Days ALL week so itching to Get 'er Done tomorrow!!! We will have to Hunt em down!!!

That is One 'SWEET' Ride RR has there!!!

What are ya doing next week???

Rick