Non resident outdoor permit

Potsie225

All the info you need about the non resident license is found here....

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/198219.pdf

As far as passport is concerned...here's an excerpt from the Border Service Agency for travelling to Canada.

"When you enter Canada, a border services officer may ask to see your passport and a valid visa, when necessary. If you are a citizen of the United States, you do not need a passport to enter Canada; however, you should carry proof of your citizenship such as a birth certificate, certificate of citizenship or naturalization or a Certificate of Indian Status, as well as a photo ID. If you are a permanent resident of the United States, you must bring your permanent resident card (i.e. green card) with you. For more information on admissibility into Canada, read the fact sheet called Managing Access to Canada. It is available on our Web site at www.cbsa.gc.ca."

Check out the website shown there for more info.

Good luck!

adding a bit more:

Fishing licenses are issued by the provinces, each province has their own rules and fees. So if you are fishing in multiple provinces you will need more than one license.

Several provinces have great fishing including Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia.

If you are coming from the US you may need a passport to get back in check with US border services too.

Forrest

Edited by forrest

Passport is only required to GET BACK into your own Country. You could always just stay... we need the ecomomy boost up here ... lol

Non Residences have always been required to buy a fishing licence.

If you plan to camp on Crown Land you will also have to purchase a permit to do that .

Yep.. must be new for this year. Wasn't in the 2008 price schedule.. but it's there on-line now

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsF...L02_164832.html

Guess they figured that if we Ontarians had to have the plastic card for quick ID purposes everyone should.

You don't need to get it in advance... you'll just have to fill out two applications when you stop at a tackle shop for your licence.

Yep, just fill out the forms, and send them away. Your new card will come in the mail.

My resident license is just a piece of paper right now too. I had to renew my card this year. I'm sure I'll wreck the cheap paper before I get my new card too!!!

Sinker

As far as a passport you will need either a passport or a New York State Enhanced Drivers License starting JUNE 1st 2009 or you will not be able to re-enter the US.

My wife and I did this a couple of weeks ago and in 10 days we received our new EDL. It cost $30 plus $10 to process. BUT you should have your drivers license EXTENDED for another 8 years and pay the extra before our LIBERAL governor raises the price of driver license as he proposed. It will cost you a bit more now but will pay for itself over the 8 years. Here's the website for EDL's.

http://www.nysdmv.com/broch/C159.pdf