Huge Perch

joonmoon

Just wanted to wet a line and try out our repaired/patched hut before heading any distance. Got to a local pond and set up fishin by 10:30 am. Tried jiggin with ice jigs and minnow combos for the first while then a jig and gulp waxie for a bit too.

Picked up a few small bites then the odd decent one. My better half and I iced half a dozen dink perch with only 2 close to keeper size. Came home with these guys for an evening snack. Good thing I decided to try out our huge deepsea rod and winch for a reel or we would of had some trouble crankin em in....lol. B)

100_0279.jpg

Well we didn't freeze and the hut stayed together ok. Not enuff snow on the pond to pack around to prevent the wind from creeping up underneath the flaps tho. Would have been chilly without the heater too. Strong winds today and the Eskimo held up well. :D

In a pond locally...if I tell you I'll have to kill you...lol. East of K-W. It's a well known spot to fish just not into sharing exactly where due to the pressure it would recieve...the area can't take a major hit, its too small to withstand a lot of pressure. I can tell you though in the last 5 or so years the average size has increased slightly...I do think it's due to the efforts of ice fishermen releasing way more than they're keepin. C & R works. :thumbsup_anim: