head'n to Quinte...

iceslayer

Belleville: Flats, Bridge, Rush Bar.

HEY HEY YOUR GONNA SEND PEOPLE TO THERE DEATH IF YOU TELL THEM THE BAY BRIDGE

SHES OPEN WATER SPOTS ALL OVER AND THE TUG BOATS OUT THERE EVER DAY RIPPING IT OPEN EVEN MORE

AND I HEARD RUSH BARS IS ONLY 3" AND NOT GOOD ICE.....................

not ragging on ya by no means Clamp-it just want folks to be safe out there....

Hawg Hunter

HEY HEY YOUR GONNA SEND PEOPLE TO THERE DEATH IF YOU TELL THEM THE BAY BRIDGE

SHES OPEN WATER SPOTS ALL OVER AND THE TUG BOATS OUT THERE EVER DAY RIPPING IT OPEN EVEN MORE

AND I HEARD RUSH BARS IS ONLY 3" AND NOT GOOD ICE.....................

not ragging on ya by no means Clamp-it just want folks to be safe out there....

Hawg Hunter

He never said the ice was safe... he just answered the question. Its up to you to determine if the ice is safe or not.

He never said the ice was safe... he just answered the question. Its up to you to determine if the ice is safe or not.

He asked where to go tomorrow night.....if you're told a certain place you would assume the ice is safe and people are getting fish there, NOW.

Hawg Hunter was just trying to be sure that people didnt think the ice was safe there, and wander out.

Give the guy a break, he was just trying to make sure people dont get hurt!

WOW!! I must be misstaken.. I thought this was a helpfull message and information board. A simple question of do I tow my trailer and ATV 4hrs or not got me a face full of sarcasim..

Thanks again Clamp-It!

Cant wait to meet ya!!

Cheers!

Jim

I just want to make it clear that this is the best message board to be found anywhere. I've recieved a ton of usefull information from all you guy's and gal's.

Im gonna follow clamp-it's instructions to the T.

Thanks again buddy!

Jim

ICESLAYER CHECK YOUR PM.

Hawg Hunter

by the way it looks like i miss under stood what Clamp it was saying and hes right it is up to the angler to know the ice thickness!!

ICESLAYER MY HUTS ARE NO WHERE NEAR BELLEVILLE i live in belleville i fish the bellville area.

see when you say Belleville folks think of the harbor the bay bridge which all that area west of george street is BAD ICE up to and a little west of the bay bridge.

Hawg Hunter

Why the hurt feelings? :)

Very few people here are willing to give someone the ok to drive an vehicle on the ice. Its risky under any circumstance. Even Hawg Hunter, who has given you some really good info has not said it.

youve got some really good answers to your question... Ice thickness from an member in the area and even some spots to try. Were saying the rest is up to you. Good luck!

Edited by Riparian

Just got in from Big Bay. We took machines out, no problem. About 8" of good black ice.

3 of us got 2 eyes (3-4lbs), lost a couple, and had 2 break offs.

It was friggen cold with that wind!!

All the fish we caught were on williams half and half ice jigs tipped with minnows.

Good luck!!

Sinker