Turning humminbird 535 into portable.

Rustic-Fisher

the 2 batteries are hooked together to get 12volts. any 12 volt battery will work eg. car battery( too heavy)

motorcyle or garden tractor, computer batteries, cordless drill (12v). I bought a skill cordless drill, has 2

batteries, and charger. I used a pcv pipe collar, drilled and tapped 2 holes, put bolts in to hold wires from

fishfinder. Runs all day no problem.

Pick up a rechargable Gel cell battery from Princess Auto. Not too expensive either stick it in a small plastic tool box and bolt the bracket for the screen to the box. any extra space in the box can be used for tackle, license, wallet etc...

jjcanoe

Best bet is go to LeBaron's, they have the 535 Portable unit for about $220 I think, it was $40 or so more than the regular 535. It beats buying a regular unit then spending 70-80 on the portable kit. Then you can go over to BPS and pick up the gel-cell and charger for about $26 (LeBaron's'll cost you about $60 for both). I read somewhere that you can use a dremel to modify the portable case for the gel-cell. I just bought the Eagle 320 Portable and so far after messing around with it in simulator mode, I like it. The true test will be when I'm able to get out on the water.