Go West with Starchoice and WFN

Hubbard

Hey guys just wanted to share some good news with you, turns out that I was chosen as the winner of the Go West contest put on by WFN and Starchoice :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: . Looks like the wife and I are gonna be headed out to Vancouver Island this coming summer for 3 days of guided fishing in the Pacific Ocean for Salmon and Halibut.

Here is a link to the resort we will be staying at.

www.canadianprincess.com

Has anyone ever been on one of these trips that could tell me what we should pack and also what we should expect.

Thanks

Nate

Oh yeah the fishing gear and $500 in food is included too.

I know it's pretty sureal that I won I can't even explain how I feel because I have never won anything at all. Funny thing is I never even considered entering the contest but thought to myself whats it gonna hurt to enter?

now I am in the process of picking a date to go and confirming my flight, I also have not looked at the WFN website to see if they put my name up as the contest winner yet.

Does anyone know what I should be expecting fishing wise out on the West Coast, I have never been out there and was wondering if anyone has been out there fishing for halibut & Salmon.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I am going crazy thinking about what to expect.

Thanks

Nate

Bring your appetite!!!

Probably rain gear and warm clothing. It can get chilly in the morning I bet.

Most of the shows I have seen from out there, the clients were all wearing survival suits which I believe were supplied by the outfitter. Check with the outfitter they will tell you what you need.

Congratulations, catch a big one. If you tie into one of those halibut bring your muscles and a masseuse.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice guys, I just booked to leave July 1st and to come home on July 6th the extra days we will be paying for but it's probably a once in a lifetime trip for us so we might as well make the best of it.

sorry to bring up an old thread but I thought I should share.

I went out there a few years ago at the end of august... we were salmon fishing on the island.

Its amazing there... sea lions swimming around right at the cleaning station. all shorts of beautiful scenery!

We picked the wrong guys to take us out and we were skunked the first 2 times out and finally picked up a good guide and landed 3, 30+lbs salmon !

Plus he took us to his shrimp traps and gave us a wack load of shrim for free !

I think your REALLY going to enjoy it, The best part about it is its.... FREEEEEEEE ! haha good luck !