Just watched Fishing Edge

Cudz

I like the God part of the show. Does not offend me at all.

Would it bother you if during my fishing show i took a minute to slip in a speech about the almight head of cabbage that i pray and worship too? ummmm that would be a no , i am sure you dont want to here about how this head of cabbage has changed my life and if you accept this head of cabbage your life will change too....it's a fishing show not gods fishing edge by AL? now i really want you to know i like Al and have watched the show, however like i said. If i thought cabbage was my lord would you want me to talk about it during a fishing show and say you should embrace my head of cabbage into your life? you'd think i was a NUT. stick to the fishing and keep your religous thoughts to yourself.. oh by the way i was raised roman cath. alter boy when i was a kid, church and religion thru school years , and no i do not practice, nor do i force my kids to believe in almighty head of cabbage.....back to fishing talk.. :Gonefishing:

I watch WFN alot, and I honestly can't name a recently made, credible show, that has done that without mentioning somewhere that it's a different day of fishing, and usually a different species...

Dave Mercer's Facts of fishing would be close to it. Dave is all about the excitement of fishing. If he is fishing for small walleyes you see him pull up small walleyes, if he is catching big lakers.. then you see the big ones and the small ones. I dont pretend to know what goes on in the editing room but this show feels like it is showing legitimate times on the water and the fish are not trophies at every cast... it has a very realistic feel to it.

But so did Saving Private Ryan... :-)

Dave Mercer's Facts of fishing would be close to it. Dave is all about the excitement of fishing. If he is fishing for small walleyes you see him pull up small walleyes, if he is catching big lakers.. then you see the big ones and the small ones. I dont pretend to know what goes on in the editing room but this show feels like it is showing legitimate times on the water and the fish are not trophies at every cast... it has a very realistic feel to it.

But so did Saving Private Ryan... :-)

Thanks Fil - I know exactly what goes on in the editing room seeing as I'm the editor of the show! :thumbsup_anim: I'll tell you what if you know anybody who wants a part time job counting Dave's casts and such let me know!!! :wallbash: haha On those tough-bite days, they sure do add up! It's not so bad though - all part of the job! ;)

Why all the fuss about Jesus and God? I hear it quite often and wonder why do they continue to persecute the Lord. I don't hear people squaking about other faiths-- OUT loud.

Al, keep up the good work brother and I will meet you in heaven worshipping our Lord and Saviour

Merry CHRISTmas,

I feel that ones faith should be private and kept to themselves... I don't need to be "saved", converted, or imbued in others religious beliefs!!!

Some Christians can be the most obnoxious of all faiths, that's why they get knocked on!... remember the hari krishna's of yesteryear, did you appreciate them trying to push their religion on you?

Ok, with all that said... let me explain to you why Scientology is important to me!!!

Nothing wrong his religious segments of the show. honestly if your going to get heated up about a little religious talk then don’t watch the show. one day there will come a time when your in despite need of help, and someone you need to turn to, to give you hope.

Now weather its Buddha, Jesus, Shiva, Brahma, Vishnu or any others it doesn't matter. I had to sit through a world religion class last semester and learn about every religion in the world and I was not offended at all, I found it interesting.

And if Christians are annoying at times then what are Jehovah witness that ring my door bell Sunday morning and give me a brochure in every language possible? in the end there just expressing what they believe in and that’s all.

If your going to get heated up over a little religious talk then you got to much time on your hands, its one thing not to agree or like it but to get mad over it is ridiculous.