St. Croix new Mojo Bass Rod Series

bassin

I am living less than 10 minutes drive to BPS which is not necessarily a good thing :rolleyes: . Last Friday I found and bought a St. Croix Mojo spinnerbait cast rod for $100.00 dollars. The new line series are more tactic specific. Rod for spinnerbait, for crankbait, frog, swimming bait, plastic... They look cool for that price tag. Has anyone used them? Any comment will be welcome.

Species and technique specific rods certainly are becoming a huge thing in the fishing rod industry. It makes sense and most major manufacturers are doing it now.

I own several St.Croix rods and they make a great product. The $100 price point on the Mojo would put it on the lower end of Croix's line up but I'm sure it'll still be a great rod backed up by a good warranty.

I was at BPS yesterday and I checked them out. They did look cool. I thought the rod width at the handle was quite wide. Not as light as their more expensive stuff but that is why they are not as much $$. I am looking for a crankbait baitcasting rod so I might give them a second look. I also had the spinning rod in my hand and it felt alright.

Ive been on the St.Croix rod pro-staff for 3 years now, and I can say they have never let me down, the new Mojo series, is going to be a huge hit, they feel great, and are affordable, I have a couple of freinds who have bought them and are very happy with the feel of the rods.

Mark

Have you fished with these models and if you have where would you rate them?

Above the Premier line?

Thanks

Jose

Mark

Have you fished with these models and if you have where would you rate them?

Above the Premier line?

Thanks

Jose

Has no one tried both??? I'm wondering the same thing. I want to pick up a couple Mojo series rods this spring but I'm not sure if they are the better choice against the premier, although I have not fished either rod.

Hi Jose, they came out a bit later in the year so I havnt had a chance to try them, they do feel really good, light , with a nice action, I have never been let down by St.Croix quality, as far as the specie , technique angle, it is really a guidline, for ex. I used a Legend top- water rod in Nov. Carolina rigging and tubes, it will also make a great wackey rod, it just makes it a little easier to select, especially these days where guys like myself put so much into a single technique, Mojo provides a technique specific, high quality rod for anglers on a budjet, or ones that don't fish 250 days a year, you'll love the drop-shot rod-I'd have no problem using it, I find my St.Croix drop rods also work great on grubs and other jigging applications, drop by the booth at the spring fishing show, and I'd be glad to help you out. Mark

Hi Jose, they came out a bit later in the year so I havnt had a chance to try them, they do feel really good, light , with a nice action, I have never been let down by St.Croix quality, as far as the specie , technique angle, it is really a guidline, for ex. I used a Legend top- water rod in Nov. Carolina rigging and tubes, it will also make a great wackey rod, it just makes it a little easier to select, especially these days where guys like myself put so much into a single technique, Mojo provides a technique specific, high quality rod for anglers on a budjet, or ones that don't fish 250 days a year, you'll love the drop-shot rod-I'd have no problem using it, I find my St.Croix drop rods also work great on grubs and other jigging applications, drop by the booth at the spring fishing show, and I'd be glad to help you out. Mark

Mark

All my rods are St. Croix models, I usually stick with the Avids series of rods. I wanted to see where the Mojo line would fit. I will get a couple of rods for the upcoming season and I was thinking about getting a couple of

the Legend Tournaments rods. :thumbsup_anim:

Jose

Avid series are awesome Jose, I have a few of them and I consider them higher end especially where feel and weight are concerned, the lifetime warranty is nice too, the Legend, are really nice too, I have about 14 of them , I'll get a couple Mojo's and Extremes this year too. -you'll be happy with the Legends, I let a lot of people try mine and they always end up buying one of their own, drop by the booth -we'll have a lot of models there, as well as dealers to get the best price.