Auto GPS mat

lew

I don't like the idea of a suction cup mount on the windshield for a GPS and was thinking of getting one of these mats that sit on the dash. Acording to the right-ups and reviews they seems like a good idea and evidentely stay in place without slipping.

Figure I could just slide it under the seat to keep it out of sight when not in use.

Anybody ever use one ??

Bracketron-Nav-Mat-B118-1002-c.jpg

This morning I've seen the 4-legged Garmin sand filled base for 30% off (manager special) at the Future Shop on Kennedy/Lawrence. Be aware the RAM type 'ball' mount may only fits selected Garmin GPS units. Check it out if you are in need of one. I have no experience with this type of mount so I can't comment on it.

Lew, you didn't get a dash mount plastic peice with your unit?

Thanks boyz, perhaps I'll check out that 4 legged item too.

I saw that bag for $25 on the Tiger Direct site and they also sell it at Cabellas for about the same price and figured it was a good idea . I have a feeling if the thieves see the palstic discs or suction cups they'll take that as an open invitation to bust into the car, unfortunately, but these bags could be easily hidden outta sight somewhere.

I don't have the GPS yet, but I had a long discussion about it with Santa and he (She) thinks there a great idea too so it may just be under the tree in a couple weeks :santa: