Any December controll deer hunters

misfish

Brian,

Did you go out today? if yes.... see any?

Jacques

Hey Jacques

No I was not out. It is a controlled shotgun hunt that you are drawn for.

I cannot hunt bow during the 5 day event (Mon to Fri)..I,ll be back out Saturday and every chance I get, til the end of the month.

Hey Jacques

No I was not out. It is a controlled shotgun hunt that you are drawn for.

I cannot hunt bow during the 5 day event (Mon to Fri)..I,ll be back out Saturday and every chance I get, til the end of the month.

OK.... we don't have that type of hunting in Quebec but my question is.... this shotgun hunt, does it happen after rifle season and only last 5 days? then it's bow til the end of December?

i had today off........ what a kick in the plums that i couldnt go sit in my stand. :wallbash: Hope all the gun hunters drive all the deer into my hunting property. come on weekend!

Hope they do buckster and good luck this weekend :thumbsup_anim:

mr. leechman , i don't know what wmu this shotgun hunt is taking place in ,, but in my area 82a there is a black-powder season for 6 days happening after the rifle season. then bows only 'til dec. 31. you don't have a late shotgun or black-powder season in QUE.?? don't have my buck yet ,but looking at a new piece of land to hunt that sounds promising . gonna check it out tomorrow at noon when they bed down , {i hope}. never give up , right?

Edited by waterwolf

mr. leechman , i don't know what wmu this shotgun hunt is taking place in ,, but in my area 82a there is a black-powder season for 6 days happening. then bows only 'til dec. 31. you don't have a late shotgun or black-powder season in QUE.??

I know we have bow season then black powder just before riffle and then bow again but shotgun :dunno: never heard of shotgun only in QC

Jacques

I just wish they would make the same rule as the rifle hunt. You can still hunt with the bow,just have to follow the orange laws.

WW, I hear this time of year is when you have your best chance at a big buck. They seem to be busy getting ready for the long winter ahead. Heck ,ll believe anything right now.LOL

Best of luck with the rest of your hunt.

this shotgun hunt, does it happen after rifle season and only last 5 days? then it's bow til the end of December?

Here in the more populated areas they use shot gun (less range then a rifle,safer from what they say)But there are areas that you can use a rifle. . There is week in November,mon to fri, then they have the one in December,mon-fri.During those two weeks we cannot bow hunt. There is a muzzel loading season also.

Edited by misfish

here in my zone its simple.. bow hunting for 2 weeks end of september-beggining of october, then rifle 2 first weeks of november, then lastweek of november its black powder then its done...i wish we would have a shotgun season like you guys

Bow is still open in most wmu even during the shotgun/black powder hunt. Archery Only is closed, but you can bow hunt durong the shotgun and muzzle loader as long as your wearing your blaze orange. Most people read the regs and see that archery in their wmu is closed to archery only, which is it, because its not just archery only, its archery shotgun and muzzle. archery only resumes sunday

I got out in 89B for a few hours yesterday, saw a nice doe but the sun was going down and it was a bit too dark for a clear shot. It was good having my kid with me though, he got all excited but it was a lesson learned for him on ethics.

I saw in a previous reply where someone commented that archery was closed mon-fri, check the regs, it's shotgun until Dec 7, after that archery re-opens.

Yes in SW Ontario all WMU Archery Closes Nov29th...Shot Gun Season Opens Monday Nov 30th Closes Saturday Dec 5th or 6th depends on if you have Sunday hunting in your area ..there is no riffle hunt in SW ontario...but during shot gun hunt here guys do use black powder...

I saw in a previous reply where someone commented that archery was closed mon-fri, check the regs, it's shotgun until Dec 7, after that archery re-opens.

Sure enough I relooked, 76 Dec. 8 to Dec. 31 :wallbash:

Guess I should be reading the regs every year more clearly.

Thanks for the heads up outdoor.

Guess I,ll just throw on some orange and set up a new stand this weekend near that fence line.LOL

Bow is still open in most wmu even during the shotgun/black powder hunt. Archery Only is closed, but you can bow hunt durong the shotgun and muzzle loader as long as your wearing your blaze orange. Most people read the regs and see that archery in their wmu is closed to archery only, which is it, because its not just archery only, its archery shotgun and muzzle. archery only resumes sunday

cp what this means, is that if you applied for the late season controlled hunt in your WMU and were successful, you can hunt with the approved weapons, ie shotgun, or muzzleloader, or archery. You can not bow hunt in a WMU that has a controlled hunt this week unless you hold a controlled tag. Hope this helps clarify things.