Fresh Chrome-

kemper

Well, I have four final exams looming (ever closer) next week so I did what any sane steelheader would do. I went fishing to er...clear the mind. Ya, thats it.

Found the water to be BEAUTIFUL and perfect, and hit a fish on the first drift (smaller one, no pic) and then it went quiet for a while. We continued downstream until a deep pool that no one fishes because of the big tree in the back of it, but the secret is that there is actually no branches under the water, just on top...shhh.

Five minutes in the action started, Ill let the pictures talk I have to study. It was a great day to be on the water!

med_gallery_256_231_199500.jpg

med_gallery_256_231_178533.jpg

med_gallery_256_231_40288.jpg

med_gallery_256_231_28912.jpg

sorry bud, cut your head off the background gave away the hole!

Fish were hard and fast, really fresh. It was a great day, although between the two of us we probably missed more than ten fish. Hooksets were not our strongsuit on this day.

thats just what I needed, calculus will be a breeze

Ahhh .. the good old secord order differentials ... four years of Calculus I never did - EVER - use ... not even once .... and I used to think that the saying "he's forgotten more than you'll ever know" meant he was really smart ... now ... I believe it to mean ... he's just senile :)

Nice steel........ so what was the bait of choice Roe or some of those sweet homemade jigs?

Never got the jigs in the water, too much action on the roe...although I would have liked to have hooked up more. Couldnt sting em today, I think because I was using monster size bags and regular size hooks

Great stuff Kemper! It's not procrastination from studying....it's clearing your head so you can retain information when you do get back to studying....LOL.

Some real nice fish!!!

When i was in school i always thought of my knowledge as a having finite quantity, so anything new would naturally push out things i learned in the past. For that reason, i was always paranoid of doing too much between studying and the tests. ahaha.

And after each final i reached for the purge handle to free up memory slots.

Edited by j ace

Great stuff Kemper! It's not procrastination from studying....it's clearing your head so you can retain information when you do get back to studying....LOL.

Some real nice fish!!!

uh...ya

and steelheading this morning was that too :whistling:

Procrastination report two coming to a board near you soon. It involves 4 members, a gimp steelie and a small steelie, a shanked brown and some bad hooksets (or good ones?)

Don't do trout fishing but the frequency of the Kemper reports get me thinking trout can be caught anywhere at anytime. Is that all Grandriver or is the area full of tributaries?

The best way to retain information, sorry I don't have the reference: Study for a period of time 1-2hours, some people can do more. Then go and do something routine, something your used to that lets you reflect on the knowledge, like fishing.

It works for me.

forrest

Don't do trout fishing but the frequency of the Kemper reports get me thinking trout can be caught anywhere at anytime. Is that all Grandriver or is the area full of tributaries?

The best way to retain information, sorry I don't have the reference: Study for a period of time 1-2hours, some people can do more. Then go and do something routine, something your used to that lets you reflect on the knowledge, like fishing.

It works for me.

forrest

HA, I just dont tell you when I dont catch anything, the trout can be elusive at times. Not anywhere near Grand river, this is all done out east

As for studying, works for me too!