SNOW BOWS !!!!!!

jdmls

Well , I knew what I was getting into last night when I agreed to get out this morning with Sil and Berge.... I thought to myself " high of -3...hmmm that's not that bad. You've dealt with colder, in March so how bad could it be " <_< ... I guess the first slush fest of the season is always the worst :blush: !!!

We hit our first destination by about 7am. There was a good 2" layer of ice covering probably 80% of the pool with a solid slush run, flowing down the centre . Defenitely not fishable water.. Time to get to work. Spent a good hour breaking ice, and pushing the big ice sheets out of the pool.. Saw a few fish surface in the process, so it kept me going..

I guess this would be a good time to THANK everyone : Poly socks + marino wool is a life saving combo...the feet wouldn't have made it through the first hour without the new sock combo..Thanks guys !!

Anyway , I did the best that I could clearing the pool of the ice but the slush still made it unfishable...We walked the stream for another hour or so waiting for the sun to peak over the hill. Finally by about 10AM we came back to some fishable water....

The cold temps has slowed down the fish quite a bit in the last few days , but there were still some fish to be plucked through the slush...

Going on 2 hours sleep, I was still a little messed up from last nights , galavanting ;)

P1020549.jpg

P1020552.jpg

P1020554.jpg

Buddy next to us was fishing with 2 beautifull LABS this morning....This little guy loved the taste off fish slime.. I couldn't get him to stop licking the chrome so I could take a pic....Sooo funny..... we all had a laugh :D

P1020551.jpg

I saw a possible drift, so I gave it a go without thinking about a landing spot... Thank God for Sil , who quickly smashed through a 6ft slab of shorline ice to make me a landing zone... I owe you one Sil !!

P1020553.jpg

This one was Sil's idea ...We dedicated it to Solo :D ....Sil your getting better with the camera every outing !!

P1020556.jpg

Hoping for some warmer temps next weekend.... Good buddy's make even some of the worst fishing conditions a good time, Thanks guys...

Edited by JDMLS

good fishin bud, glad you got some through the ice.

I could keep the bait below the slush on friday myself. Terrible conditions, and ice all the way down the line right to the bait which was also covered in ice.

maybe Ill see ya tomorrow

Days like today separate the men from the boys ;) .

Well done guys!

Indeed they do... 5-10 guys out there today, compared to the usual 25-30

NICELY DONE BOYZ!!!

THE HORSESHOE HOLE ALWAYS PRODUCES LOL

SHHHHHHHH, Do I have to start blacking out the backrounds :D , You wouldn't believe how many guessing game PM's I get lately ..... The leg work paid off today a bit. More so at keeping my toe's warm LOL.

good fishin bud, glad you got some through the ice.

I could keep the bait below the slush on friday myself. Terrible conditions, and ice all the way down the line right to the bait which was also covered in ice.

maybe Ill see ya tomorrow

I have a date with my pillow tomorrow morning :D . You have no idea how jealous I was when I called you this morning and you were at home :sleeping_02: , and I was out freezing my nuts off <_< ....Good call , hopefully tomorrow is more forgiving for you...

Days like today separate the men from the boys ;) .

Well done guys!

Exactally!! :clapping: Im looking forward to this week where I may decide on some Musky fishin..... I said may.. :rolleyes: Takes alot of gutts to fish in such harsh conditioins..

Awesome cold weather report JDMLS :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Edited by sturgman

Wow, didn't know that Bowmanville creek is hot right now. Thanks for the report.

Heading down to the S bends with some friends for sure this coming week!

I just hope that the weather is a little warmer. lol

Your joking right??