Annual Upper Niagara Musky G2G

lew

Jwl i'm still in if the offer previous still stands, just bought some new boots to keep the toosties warm, let me know if there is anything you need me to bring or what ever, i can help ya out with clearing the launch as well.

Wayne!

ok boat is full then....just bring an assortment of tackle and a heavy rod..I know Bruce has a heavy rod already so if need be, I can loan ya one no probs. As for some quick tackle pointers...some med to deep divers...larger size plastics, swim baits, I have a few things we can try out, not sure what you may have for this kind of tackle..I am pretty sure I have a few good floro leaders and such too...there is an area I want to try for a bit conditions pending to jig for them with big baits...then we are trolling :Gonefishing:

Edited by jwl

count me in with 2 in my boat i have 4 wheel drive as well

that will come in handy because pending conditions, I may have to get someone to throw the boat in for me, only takes a couple minutes to take off the van and put on a truck to launch..I have a van for a tow vehicle right now..no probs getting it there, I live like 5 minutes or so from the ramp..so I will keep tabs on it, and clean it the night before ect no probs...but even when I use my boat all winter for steelie fishin the Lower,I have fishing buddies with 4X4's as a back up plan :Gonefishing:

I painted up a couple baits this week for the river in a somewhat rainbow pattern allthough they don't show too well in this picture. Tops are a silvery grey, sides are pink and the bellies are white and I'm hoping they'll be effective.

Top one is 13" with the lip and runs deep and the other is a 10" Jake

We'll see what happens :Gonefishing:

Cnv0231.jpg

Edited by lew

JWl i have a musky rod and some lures as well , If ya need anything or help with anything please feel free to p.m .i'm in st.kitts.

cool..pending conditions, I may just need a bit of help cleaning the ramp in the morning...at worst possibly someone to put me in and out with thier truck :Gonefishing:

Sorry guys I have to bow out....not that I want to.

Since my dad died a few months ago my mother has decided to go to Calgary for xmas and now are Belleville xmas is the same weekend.

Would have loved to do this....my appologise...

Darren

Sorry you can't join us Darren, but there's always next year.

nice fat fish! I was out on Saturday but only stuck around for a few hours. Water visibility was only 1.5 to 2 feet and temp was 41.5 degrees. Looks like you guys didn't have great water clarity either though, good to see you caught a healthy looking fish. I've never had great confidence when the water is murky grey like that rather than green. As for my boat, it ran great after the troubles I had the week before. Apparently a seal had worked its way loose so the marina guys locked it in place. While they were in there, we changed the impeller too as a preventative thing. Even got some wiring issues looked after on the trailer. What I forgot to tell them is the fishfinder sends out really weak signals while the boat is running, guess there is some kind of electrical interference or something. Either way, I should be good to go on the 13th!

nice fat fish! I was out on Saturday but only stuck around for a few hours. Water visibility was only 1.5 to 2 feet and temp was 41.5 degrees. Looks like you guys didn't have great water clarity either though, good to see you caught a healthy looking fish. I've never had great confidence when the water is murky grey like that rather than green. As for my boat, it ran great after the troubles I had the week before. Apparently a seal had worked its way loose so the marina guys locked it in place. While they were in there, we changed the impeller too as a preventative thing. Even got some wiring issues looked after on the trailer. What I forgot to tell them is the fishfinder sends out really weak signals while the boat is running, guess there is some kind of electrical interference or something. Either way, I should be good to go on the 13th!

as per electrical interference....silly question but do you have spark plugs in your motor that have resistors in them????..usually what ever number sparkplug, then somewhere in the end of the numbers will be an "R"

they are a bit pricey..for example the ones in my Merc are 14 bucks a piece around X 3..so just over 40 bucks for a new set. The resistors help stop electrical interference and also help protect your electronics if they are on and you start the boat

thanks jwl I'll check the plugs. As far as launching goes, I'm not sure whats going on down there. I launched like a chump down at Netherby, when I got up to the marina I saw the ramp was open!

I can check that out closer to the day, I know the marina has been letting the local BASS guys use the launch for the end of thier tourny series for the year....I live like 5-10 minutes form all the ramps this way so I can check them out no probs and clean them up if we have to for the 13th :Gonefishing:

Planning on giving the skis a shot tomorrow . Been trying for two weeks to get there but the weather wouldn't cooperate .

Hopefully tomorrow should be ok , hope the winds don't blow up to bad.

Preseme there is no white stuff down there as well.

As far as ramps go ,planning to launch at Frenchmens creek ( as per Lew's directions)

room in the boat if anyone interested ( see Hookups)

tb

Edited by tinbanger

Dave, there's also a ramp near the end of Netherby, just where it meets the River Road. I've never used it so have no idea of the condition but Rizzo has been using it and can tell you how it is.

It's a couple miles closer than Frenchmens Creek though.

thanks Lew

Will take a look , may just pick the the first ( best) looking ramp I come across. Plan to troll upstream , so if needed I can drift back to the ramp LOL.

At the very least I will provide an update as to river conditions !

TB

heads up and not to fill this whole thread up...check my relpy in "Hook-ups" :Gonefishing: