Tough conditions

bigugli

good to see ya got out and took advantage of the great fall fishing around our area :Gonefishing: too many people not fishing, well that's a good thing if ya ask me...but the fishin has been pretty decent for sure, I see you made out ok..I been lucky have been out what will be 6 of the last 12 days after the morning. Gotta love fall, I been catching a good mixed bag and fishing a few spots over the last week and a half..have gotten into perch&panfish,pike,bass,trout, I aint one of the ones who waits to hear about it on the internet, I just got and see for myslef...tommorrow is another trout mission :Gonefishing:

No kitchen sink pic? ;)

Did that Poike die of "hot oil" disease? :stretcher:

Glad to see you got out!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

No kitchen sink. Mr Poike and 5 of the larger perch will be guests of honour at a later date. Having one of our notorious pot luck fish fries here at "Ugli Acres" in a couple of weeks. we end up with 30-40 redneck fisherpersons for some good clean fun and stuffed bellies. Great way to start my Christmas season.

No kitchen sink. Mr Poike and 5 of the larger perch will be guests of honour at a later date. Having one of our notorious pot luck fish fries here at "Ugli Acres" in a couple of weeks. we end up with 30-40 redneck fisherpersons for some good clean fun and stuffed bellies. Great way to start my Christmas season.

hey are you calling my kids rednecks??? :lol::lol:

Sounds great, big and ugly.

Here's some down home music for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjvVBCNcL_A

And some more if you like leeks. I know I do.

I actually remember hearing the tune, not the words, when I was small.

One of my fave recordings is a 1981 tape from the Tapiolan Kuoro That my Gram bought for me at the Suomi Aitta. Always played at Christmas and when I spend long hours cooking.

The fave track would be " Vesi vasyy limen alle "

I know every note and harmony of the following even though I don't know the words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB3uiCF39Hs...feature=related

Gram would have me play it on the horn every once in a while.

Edited by bigugli

Nice fish, but...

There have been some amazing advances in the fishing rod industry! Maybe check them out? lol

Just buggin'

That 5' glass rod is 40 years old and has never failed. A present from my Uncle Jonni. I still like using it for pannies. And that handle is solid cork. Lord knows how many times its gone swimming :lol:

The gear from the past may not be cutting edge but it was built to last. Just like the old 300A or my old Rapala knife that Gram bought me in Finland before they were available here. :worthy:

Like they say: "Why mess with perfection?"

Edited by bigugli

If'n they's the fruit of yer loins, yeah :D And they should be proud of it too :thumbsup_anim:

How many "normal" kids you know go fishing for chipmunks? B)

you mean like this!!! :D

first you have to dress up in your best hunting garb

343158994.jpg

Then after you have stalked your quarry, you have to chum up the area a bit

343158992.jpg

Then step 3 start fishing away

343158996.jpg

They actually aren't all that bad, if you boil then up just so, they have a nice light nutty flavour :lol:

I would just like to add, no actual chipmunks or resonable faximile there of where harmed during the making of this reply :Gonefishing:

That 5' glass rod is 40 years old and has never failed. A present from my Uncle Jonni. I still like using it for pannies. And that handle is solid cork. Lord knows how many times its gone swimming :lol:

The gear from the past may not be cutting edge but it was built to last. Just like the old 300A or my old Rapala knife that Gram bought me in Finland before they were available here. :worthy:

Like they say: "Why mess with perfection?"

'Eh, I still got one of the original Ugly Stiks my dad gave me, and still use it every spring for catfish. There hasn't been a rod built since then as perfectly suited to cats as that one.

Like I said, I was just buggin!

'Eh, I still got one of the original Ugly Stiks my dad gave me, and still use it every spring for catfish. There hasn't been a rod built since then as perfectly suited to cats as that one.

Like I said, I was just buggin!

I know ;)

And the original Ugly Stik had a lifetime warranty. I have one as well. Great for bush fishing.