Bronte Creek

Billy - Curtiss

I'm planning on hitting some tribs over the next few days that I've never hit before. Bronte is one I'd like to check out. Would anyone be so kind as to let me know where parking would be readily had if I am heading there from Toronto? Also, how deep / big is this trib? Is it fairly safe to walk with waders?

Very shallow with couple of half decent pools and you should be more then ok with waders. YOu can park at Petro park. Its a very small enterance and there is a small green sign saying Petro park. Its between Wyatt St and Bridge rd on the river side.

Good luck

All this rain is going to make fishing this weekend tough, regardless of where you are.

You're probably right. But my buddy is driving all the way down from Sudbury to fish for the weekend so we'll take our chances and the steelheading has been tough as of late anyhow. Hopefully it let's up.

You can park in the "car park" right on the exit ramp from the 403 East bound to Bronte Road and walk down the hill to the river. Just south of that, there are a few deeper pools to fish. You can also walk up river and fish a few pools that shoiuld have a bit more water due to this rain. I have been down there quite a bit as of late due to accessibilty issues with a messed up knee and the water has been very low and clear. I managed a very nice 8lb. male brown, and lost a beauty female fishing the sticks in a deeper pool. You will be surprised to see how many fresh looking chinooks are still milling around. I landed a 20+ lbs. silverish female on Tuesday that was just packed with roe. The browns are in there too, just very spooky and hiding deep in the tree roots and branches.

Good Luck

Freek

Never fished upstream from 403. I fished downstream and there are some half decent pools.

I might wade upstream next time i go. Didnt even think it was open this late in the season. I got couple of fresh chinooks last time i went 3 weeks ago and i was amazed that there were still some swimming around

Obviously not Bronte!...there is more than 6 inches of water and an actual fish!

That's what I mean, I live right on the doorstep of Bronte but don't spend my limited time fishing there as the #'s of fish just aren't there like other places.

I am willing to spend 4 hours on the road in a day, even if I only get to fish for 4 hours, as the #'s of fish in those distant areas makes it worth the drive :)

Just saw this post. Watch guys

Oakville parking control was buy last weekend and ticketing some cars in church lot. I guess someone called and complained.

Agree totally with others. I'm 10 minutes from bronte and if I have an hour or so open I usually will hit the credit. Fish runs are small and water levels are very low.

Just saw this post. Watch guys

Oakville parking control was buy last weekend and ticketing some cars in church lot. I guess someone called and complained.

Agree totally with others. I'm 10 minutes from bronte and if I have an hour or so open I usually will hit the credit. Fish runs are small and water levels are very low.

I have actually gone into the Church to get permission to park there in the past. I doubt most would though...

When I saw someones post recommending people to park there at the Church I figured it wouldn't be long before the priviledge was abused and another access point revoked from well intentioned folks.

:stretcher:

I have actually gone into the Church to get permission to park there in the past. I doubt most would though...

When I saw someones post recommending people to park there at the Church I figured it wouldn't be long before the priviledge was abused and another access point revoked from well intentioned folks.

:stretcher:

I only said that you MAY be able to park at the church. I never said "Free parking for All at the church". Permission is up to the individual to seek. I live right beside the park anyway.

Was cold and wet on Saturday morning but the fish were out to play. Not in numbers but enough to keep it interisting for a couple of hours. A few bows and some browns between the lads....

My brown....

brownt001.jpg

Edited by Pondo