New PB Eye from Quinte today!

Badger Shark

Headed down to Quinte to try and coax an elusive eye into biting, well we tried very hard and finally my rod doubles over and I have myself a new PB, the scale red between14.05 and 14.11lbs so I figure closer to the first either way a new PB. Hard to weigh with her moving around alot , measured just over 31in. with a massive girth of 17.5/8 in. This hog was huge and fat. I could not believe how fat this fish was, obviously gorging on baitfish. The pictures dont do it justice, I am not a small guy and this fish makes me look small.

When I got her in the boat my reef runner was sidways inside the massive mouth on her and the back hooks were not touching the other side of her mouth. And the teeth were the biggest I have seen on an eye to date. A beautiful fish and she is back to be caught another day.

Here are a few pics of her and a white bass and some pics from last week.

QuinteNov05Nov12022.jpg

QuinteNov05Nov12023.jpg

QuinteNov05Nov12024.jpg

QuinteNov05Nov12025.jpg

QuinteNov05Nov12001-1.jpg

QuinteNov05Nov12009.jpg

QuinteNov05Nov12007.jpg

QuinteNov05Nov12015.jpg

I will be back down on Sunday so I hope some of you guys will still be there, I will have my vhf on. Which channel will you guys be on?

Wish I could make it down for the whole weekend to fish with those of you who are there for the weekend but I cant afford it.

Anyway hope to see some of you on Sunday, good luck and hope you guys all get new PB!

Edited by Badger Shark