old motors

steelhunter

looking for anyone who knows about old outboard motors and can give me some information on them.

age price and stuff like that and if anybody knows anyone who fixes them the one runs fine but looking to get the other one fixed

'i am trying to attach pics for them so i hope they work

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0071.jpg

thanks in advance

phil

Edited by steelhunter

These motors are out of my area of expertise, but just juding by the photos I'd guess the first is an Elto Ace and the second an Elto 3-5hp. If you posted on AOMCI and they said the first was a British Seagull then I'd take their word over mine. If it is, the serial and model number should be at the base of the motor. Both should have serial and model numbers. The second motor should have it on or around its transom bracket. You need some better photos of both motors. Front, sides, top, rear and lower unit. Take some close ups of the powerheads. You can email me the photos and I can try to help you out. If you can narrow down the models I can get you whatever info you need.

I forgot to add a line about value. Unfortunately, they don't have any significant monetary value. Price is completely subjective. What I see comparable motors sell for on the collector market and in the Buy/Sell maybe less than what one individual will pay. Someone is always willing to pay more. You just have to find that one person. The first motor may bring as much as $60. You'd be hard pressed to get more than $40 for the second one in its present state. Running and painted maybe $100 if you're lucky. I should also add that those are top prices. There is a market for Elto Ace's and British Seagulls, however, even restored these motors are only worth $200-300. More if its a rare model.

Edited by boatman

On second thought, the last motor is a late 1940's early 1950's Scott-Atwater 3-5 hp. The colour threw me. I can't see it in your photos, but there should be a throttle lever above the carburetor that moves side to side. Sorry, I should have looked closer the first time.

Email me with any questions you may have.