Where is the best place around T.O. to buy...

Fisherpete

Sweet news, for my 15 year anniversary at work, instead of getting the usual nice watch my boss decided to fuel my fishing habit! Where shall I send him to pick up the muskie reel of my dreams?

First of all, what do the TE's go for? If it is less than $400 I am good to go. Does LeBaron's carry the Calcutta TE's or just the B series? I didn't see the TE's on their website. Hmmmm... Lew, where do you do your shopping?

What is going to kill me is getting this in December and then having to wait until next June to try it out!!!! Wonder if I can talk him into a Compre muskie rod with it... better not push it LOL!

Chances are you won't find the TE400/401 in Canada for less than $400 or possibly even $500 ! It is available from about anywhere in the USA though for $349 US.. but right now that = $415 or so Cdn. BPS was over $530+tax last time I checked.. but should be lower now.

JB's phone number is 416-614-7222 if you wanna see what kind of deal Brian can make you.

That sounds like some kind of boss you've got there Pete, maybe you should stick with that company for awhile :thumbsup_anim:

Hmmmm... Lew, where do you do your shopping?

I do nearly all my shopping at JB's Pete, and there's not another musky shop in the GTA that carries close to their gear selection and their customer service is 2nd to none. There's a few other stores in the area that carry limited supplies of the basic musky gear, but if you ask them any technical questions they have no clue

I picked up my 400TE from JB's booth at the Sporstsman Show last spring for $385 along with another 7' 6" Compre and it's the sweetest casting set-up I've ever used and more than worth the money. A few of my fish'n buds use them too and all say the same thing.

I also use the Shimano 400 CT's which are excellent reels too, but the TE is far superior to even them IMHO

Even if your boss's limit is $400 and the reel is more than that now, why not throw in the extra $$$$ yourself to make up the difference and you'll definetely be happy you did.

Something else to keep in mind too Pete, next April there's a show in St. Catherines called the Musky Odyssey and for anyone who has any interest in musky fishing at all it's definetely worth your while to go to it. There's always a huge selection of musky gear from a bunch of different retailers.......including JB's........and you can buy just about everything you could possibly need.

They also sell tickets for draw prizes along with silent auctions for alot of items.

There'll be at least 4 different seminars throughout the day from different well known musky folks that are extremely interesting. One of the speakers this year is gonna be Bob Mesikomer (sp) from the Simply Fishing musky show and that's the one I'm looking forward to.

A group of us from this board usually meet up before the show for breakfast then spend the rest of the day there and it's always and excellent time.

Edited by lew

The Calcutta TE400 is a fantastic reel, I picked one up earlier this year and have fallen in love with it. That said, I know BassPro has them on for $429.99, I saw them on special there last week. See what Brian or Steve can do for you over at JB's, they should be able to beat that price. Now for a rod...................

Our friends at allamericanoutdoors.com have this reel for you to consider calcutta conquest iso 400f reel I have purchased from them before and have great results with them. This reel is a very high quality and you will be upgrading from the calcutta te version they are also Canadian shipping friendly from others in the GWNorth that have ordered from them in the past.

Art