Nov 4 Gbay report

tinbanger

with a day like that who could resist hitting the bay for some summer like conditions in November.

Launched around 9 am and decided with such great conditions to do a bit of exploring ,

Travelled a few miles north and started trolling and stopping to cast any promising areas.

Marking some bait fish here and there .Water temps avg 48.5

Several hours later happened upon a great looking spot .20 feet of water transitioning to 12 with weed.

Second cast I raised a nice looking Muskie while fiqure eighting . He turned away but as I kept working the bait he reappeared and ...FISH ON.

Unfortunatly he only had one hook of the last treble and he was off again just as fast .

Caught on a red /black Maraboo in line spinner that Pikeie had made a few years back.

Stayed in that area for another hour or so , but no luck.

Ended the day around 4 as I had to be back home .

Can' t wait for next week and another shot at these elusive fish

TB

Gotta love those boatside hits on the figure 8 Dave, specially when you watch the whole thing go down right in front of you.

It's always been my experience with a figure 8 fish that there's a better chance of a hook-up if you drive the hooks backwards towards the fish rather than a normal hook-set towards yourself.

Hopefuly you'll nail a piggy before the season shuts down & good luck to ya :thumbsup_anim:

North?... you sure you didn't go east? lol And where exactly was this spot.... :dunno::D

Good stuff Dave... I should have been out there as well instead of trying to go way North by air yesterday.

The bay looked wonderful around 9:30 as I departed our field... this is looking West into Penetang Harbour.

Dave did you launch at Pete Peterson??? Just asking because I wanna use it tomoorow and there's a thing in the paper that said it's closed as of Nov 3rd. Hope this just means they took the dock out.... and not that the dredging crew is now in the way of the launch.

wAYNE

that spot was near a rock and some channel markers can't miss it LOL

Actually not sure where I was just headed toward the BIG water then turned right. I'll have to check a map and let you know.

Maybe will find my way there next week .

Thanks for the tip Lew , if I can think straight next time I'll giv ethat reverse hookset a try.

TB

well im happy to here that there are some fish out there lol :thumbsup_anim:

and happy to here that the boo tail has had some luck. im gona have to make some more of them lol. did u get a good look at here? how big do u think??

DSCF0025.jpg

was this the one? the one on top?