Tied My PB Thames pickerel today.

Beats

Well, due to weather today I had the day off. Thought I was just going to have the morning off so I didn't venture out of town and instead tried my usual spots in the downtown area. Got absolutely nothing where I figured I would catch fish and then caught one fish where I was least expecting it. Only fish of the day. Caught it a 5 minute walk from my front door :) Hooked it about 5' from shore on my 3rd cast and thought it was a pike. 19.5 " long. I've now caught 2 that big in the Thames, thats my personal best. Just under 3 lbs. So yeah, pickerel are still around :) This one was a fatty.

nov3.jpg

nov0308.jpg

Edited by Beats

I ate the fish for dinner and noticed that it had a single minnow in its stomach that was about the size of the knife handle pictured. What a pig. It looked way too big for the fish. It looked like a 5" or so smelt. Probably wasn't a smelt, but that's what it looked like. So I guess they are bulking up. That's fine by me.

Awesome Beats!!!! The Thames is one of those body's of water that you just never know sometimes, what it's gonna give you!

My PB on that river is just over 5lbs, mind you that was many moons ago!

Keep at it and you will continue to be rewarded!

HH