Nov 2nd BOQ Trolling Report

superdad

Laker John, BayBoy and myself headed out on Sunday in BayBoys boat for a day of fishing. We were headed east of the ferry,but the sight of the whitecaps in that direction as we approached the ferry dimmed our enthusiasm to head to the Batcave or Keith Shoal.

We started trolling around 0930 in the lee of the ferry dock and down to Q4, made three passes and headed west towards the cement plant as the boat traffic was increasing in that area.

THe winds pushed us along, but BayBoy had the drift socks out and we attained a very reasonable trolling speed.

We followed our pattern of changing lures every 25-30 mins and we tried a lot of lures.

After the shipboard lunch party, we headed north towards the fairway marker between the cement plant and Thompsons. I had just changed to a R539 Yo-Zuri and the reel began to scream, Oh those great words "Fish ON"

Bayboy did a great job with the boat ( as were heading into the east wind) and Laker John was able to slide my net and scooped up a really nice walleye. Laker John said right away 13 lbs......

Out came the scale and the fish registered a perfect 12.5 lbs, Good eye -Laker John.

1102_Superdad%20and%2012.5%20lber.jpg

After the pictures, the fish was released and returned to the depths of BOQ.

No body was cold after the strike and the landing and the release, unfortunately, we were unable to do it again and trolled along the west shore til we packed it in at 1600.

It was nice to talk on the radio with Martycoo and Bluedog and share everyones observations.

The weather is supposed to be nice in the middle of the week, so it may time to take the dock out and maybe wet a line for a few hours......

Stay Tuned.

Nice report, and vn fish!

Well done Dave, that's a very impressive pickeral :thumbsup_anim:

I'm a little confused, how come a lot of people call walleye - pickeral? If someone says there are pickeral in that lake, are they referring to walleye or chain pickeral? Or do you got to ask to clarify?

Nice report, and vn fish!

I'm a little confused, how come a lot of people call walleye - pickeral? If someone says there are pickeral in that lake, are they referring to walleye or chain pickeral? Or do you got to ask to clarify?

Walleye is actually the proper name, but they were always known as pickeral to Ontario fishermen and those of us that grew up calling them pickeral still refer to them that way.

Walleye is what the Americans called them and the name is now catching on here too.

Walleye is actually the proper name, but they were always known as pickeral to Ontario fishermen and those of us that grew up calling them pickeral still refer to them that way.

Walleye is what the Americans called them and the name is now catching on here too.

Thank lew :)

That's a nice Pickeral ;)