Happy Wanderings

bigugli

As the family all lay comatose in the house, I grabbed the trusty backpack and gear and went wandering.

First stop was St. Catharines to net me a bucket of shinners. Then it was off to Welland to hit the Rec canal. We started at a couple of places that usually surrender a few smallies. No disappointment there.

DSCN2216.jpg

DSCN2217.jpg

By 11 is really started to blow, so drop shotting was suddenly a bust. Went further down the canal to one of the decent prching holes. Hard to feel the bite in the wind, but I still managed to land 20 odd, and kept enough eaters for tonight's dinner.

DSCN2218.jpg

By 3:30 it finally started to rain and I called it a day. Good thing too. The sky went black and stayed that way ever since. We're getting lots of T-boomers and hail.

Real nice report there Mr. Ugli!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I really like the way you keep your keepers looking nice and fresh!... not like the "white" ones I see other people with. :stretcher:

I also like the fact that you don't feel you have to "suck down" every bass you catch as well!!! :clapping:

Thank you GCD

However I don't like to expose my fishies too much. Here they are , all dressed up with somewheres to go

DSCN2219.jpg

Great report! Just get out there and get it done...love that attitude.

Dinner looked fantastic as well!

I learned a number of years back that life is far too short to spend time waiting for good weather, the right moment,other people's schedules, or my family to wake up. Paradise is calling.

I don't care what species I'm after as long as I'm outdoors and sucking in the clean fresh air. And there is a special rush I get when that air is cold. :Gonefishing: