How do these cured eggs look?

jrego7

umm..poached :dunno::lol:

don't be shy about trying to dye some in different colours :Gonefishing:

Funny you mention that jwl.

Give some beet juice a try. Yep,boil some beats (yes boil) the stuff in the jar dosent work the same. You need the temp. to make it work, and then pour the left over juice over some eggs in a bowl.

Best I ever had fishing for browns down your way.

is that all salt? if it is i dont use that much but it'll work nonetheless i would say there is no right or wrong way to do it.....maybe try washing them out a bit to get rid of that excess salt....anyways good luck on the river

Hawk

its borax and knox gelatin i tried out angies cure.

I use the same cure formula with salmon roe....it's works great...so much so that I no longer keep trout for roe.

I was reading the box and borax is a deoderizer... Why would it be used in a cure? Or is angies cure a scam? lol... The eggs I bought at the bait shop didn't seem to be cured at all. Seems like they were dipped in water until their shell was thickened and then dried a bit and frozen.

I was reading the box and borax is a deoderizer... Why would it be used in a cure? Or is angies cure a scam? lol... The eggs I bought at the bait shop didn't seem to be cured at all. Seems like they were dipped in water until their shell was thickened and then dried a bit and frozen.

Borax alone has been used for eons as a cure.

Almost every single commercial cure available is borax based.

It works fabulous (if you like to cure your eggs).

A huge box of borax from the supermarket is a lot cheaper than buying any commercial cure and just as effective.

I prefer to just freeze the fresh eggs and tie as necessary, but I'm sure that'll work great for ya. Like others said, it's more of a confidence thing. Personally I have no confidence in anything borax cured, not sure why but it just doesn't seem to work for me.. but I know others that do well.

I've done good things with a brown sugar/salt cure in the past.