Last Weekends Adventure

troutologist

I just got the photos from a fairly involved 2 day venture to the GWA (Greater Wawa Area)

The plan for day 1 was to go bird hunting under the guise of scouting a remote speck lake for icefishing season. Obstacles were abound during the hike.

313.jpg

There were some good views to be had as well.

215.jpg

Success!! we found the lake and it looks like a good one. I know where I'll be Jan. 2nd this year.

125.jpg

That portion of the trip amassed ~20km of walking and netted 2 fat partridge.

We stopped on the way north and caught a few of these characters. They were smacking gold/orange cleos on outside bends. The winds off the big lake were intense at this stop.

512.jpg

Day 2. We got serious about steelhead fishing. A new locale and no one around.

83.jpg

Caught lots of these guys...

93.jpg

Then eventually got a few better fish.

1110.jpg

Til next time.

132.jpg

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Im heading back to catch some steelies tomorrow morning.

A few nice fish & even nicer scenery !!!. :whistling::clapping: ..that river looks amazing,you will probly have that back lake all to your self too,it looks like a great hunting area as well,im suprised you didnt see any deer 0r black bears,and that was a big,long walk holy man if i did 20km in the bush i think i would have a stroke,or at the very least a heart attack !!!...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: