quinte eyes

Hawg Hunter

first let me say i have no pics for ya,you see some one wanted my camera more than i did and took it out of my truck about two weeks ago.

Ok enough crying over that.

We have been catching our limit almost every time out no monsters (still too early yet)but dandy eyes in the 2-5lb range,were jigging in 6-8' of water just outside weed beds,wednesday we launched at 6am and i was home cleaning fish at 8:35 am,thursday not much different only home at 10am,now friday was a funny day we launched at 7am had 6 walleye in the boat by 9am,after 9am you'd almost think they left(just like icefishing)but after i snaged into 4 in a row i new what was going on........(scales on jig hook every time....yes a walleye scale)

They just shut down and there just lying on bottom after snagging into 6 more eyes it for sure confirmed my thoughts.I turned to the two lads in the boat from T,O and said we need to move out to 12-14' of water and start trolling(id rather jig myself).The first 4 passes were rewarded with 4 nice eyes.After about 20 mins we were back to jigging(yahoooo lol) the same spot we boated our limit and went home.

Ive noticed lots of male walleye and thats a great sign,rule of thumb is the males come first then the females,mind you theres always a few pigs mixed in.Our biggest was 9 lbs or there abouts,she was released unharmed for another day,along with 3 over 6lbs.

Taker easy all and enjoy our FANSTASTIC fishery

hi ho hi ho its off fishing i go

Hawg Hunter

• 1 month later...