Blue Zone Sep. 24 AM

icefisherman

What a beauty fishing day it was today!!!

Started late as it took me a while to launch by myself - my 3 year old son was helping too :D

So about 8:30am first rod in and 10 seconds later the first hit....missed it as I was busy working on the second rod.

Oh well....slow next 1 hour...and right when Catnip 2 found me on the radio and head my way the action started.

Both riggers kept firing one after another...wished I had couple more hands on board...lost track but must have hooked 15+ fish and lost half and got the other half in the boat...Had couple double headers as well ...

With the help of my son and my old net(needs urgent replacement) we've got some nice bows. Biggest was 13 Lbs 3 Ozs and bunch smaller between 6-10 Lbs. One of the bow had some sort of a spine problem as you can see from the picture bellow.

Last fish was a nice BBQ size King and I had to go about Noon or so.

Left Catnip 2 there and I am sure he got tons more after I left.

I kept seeing him fighting them from a distance ;D

Have never launched from Port Credit before but what a nice facility there and free too...can't beat that ;)

Even cleaned our fish there...

Tech data:

365 fow, 45-50 feet down.

Tried flies but no luck, changed to spoons and got all but last King on the riggers. The King came on the 10 colors leadcore.

Black/green, NBK and Black/Purple NK28's did the damage.

Speed around 3mph.

Since we both did so well with Catnip 2, I was surprised to see two huge charter boats arriving shortly after me to the dock with not so good results - one with one fish the other one with 2 fish...those huge boats must be burning tons of fuel and each had 7-8 customers...I can imagine they must have not been very happy with the catch. Wondering if they got free charter next time :o ::)

Here are few shots from the day:

Catnip 2 in action:

IMG_0045.jpg

And the result of a great day. What more can one ask for. My son's smile says it all:

IMG_0046.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman