Welland R.

bigugli

Got a hold of my buddy Bill to come out and play on the river today. Beautiful day for fishing. Blue skies, nice breeze and fish biting. The great thing about rivers like the Welland, you never know what's gonna bite.

The drill: drift trolling with the wind.

Gear: a 5' lite rod and 10lb braid.

Weapon: Ugliboys harness.

The drift covered a 1/2 mile section of water. A few perch and rockbass interspersed with some of the following:

DSCN2175.jpg

DSCN2176.jpg

DSCN2178.jpg

and my guest for breakfast

DSCN2179.jpg

We would have stayed into the evening, but we could already feel our ears burning. :whistling: Would not want to upset our lovely wives, now would we?

Hey Bruce,good going on the fishin with Bill today, what's this practice for the next couple days ;) Hopefully we add 10-15lbs to those guys B)

you better not have gotten yourself into trouble by staying out fishin too long today,seeing as you are arlready supposed to be going away to my trailer tommorrow night for a few days :rolleyes: Where you sitting around the house like this :w00t::w00t: so you had to get out?????..just couldn't wait to hit the road tommorrow :lol:

Better not get to your house to get you and find out you are grounded,if so..we are bringing your beer :o:lol:

hey I ain't gonna help stock that place every spring, if you don't quit keeping them <_< ..naww great to see, great info to get back to the club and the MNR about regarding our annual project, and all the more reason to keep it going with success rates like that.. :Gonefishing:

Edited by jwl

you better not have gotten yourself into trouble by staying out fishin too long today,seeing as you are arlready supposed to be going away to my trailer tommorrow night for a few days :rolleyes: Where you sitting around the house like this :w00t::w00t: so you had to get out?????..just couldn't wait to hit the road tommorrow :lol:

Better not get to your house to get you and find out you are grounded,if so..we are bringing your beer :o:lol:

On a beautiful day like today, you had better expect me to be going stir crazy otherwise I must have died.

No chance on me getting grounded. I'm outright gnarly when I'm stuck at home. Besides, Mr Bill was there to make sure I didn't get into any trouble like falling out of the boat or whacking myself on the console again :blush: As long as I have a chaperone all is good.

As for the walter. The stocking program is paying real dividends. I've caught fish in 4 year classes this year with sizes from 11" to 20". The pike fishery will quickly improve, as well, with the changes in the regs.