A Night of Miracles NF

fishing n autograph

Greetings gentlemen,

As you know, cancer is a terrible disease and has touched so many recently here on the board, and throughout our lives. I personally have lost several family members to cancer, including my cousin who lost her battle with leukemia at 18. This is why I'm giving back. I have always wanted to donate my time to a worthy cause and since my father's battle with cancer and the battle some of my co workers have lost, including an incredible person who trained me when I was a recruit.

I have no details right now as I'm in the beginning stages of putting together an event to raise money for the Canadian Cancer Society. Initially I was planning on running the event under the Cops for Cancer program that is a fundraising effort by police officers across the country to raise money for the CCS, however, I have submitted a proposal for my executive command team - ie the Chief of Police, however, the chances of it being approved sometime this year is very slim. So I'm going ahead and losing the Cops for Cancer program in hopes that I can still raise money for the CCS.

I'm not here to spam, I'm here reaching out to the very generous, thoughtful group that I have known for the last three years.

I know that a lot of you work for small and large companies, so I'm not looking for monitary donations. I'm wondering if anyone is able to donate items that can be auctioned off in a live and silent auction. Please let me know if you can contribute to my event. PM me if you would like to, or if you would even like to volunteer.

Right now as it stands the event will probably take place in late May early June and will be a gala event. Fundraising will be through corporate donations, live and silent auctions as well as ticket sales. The venue hasn't been chosen yet, however it will be within the York Region, most likely somewhere in Vaughan or at our association building in Newmarket. As well, there will be special guests including former Olympians, NHL players as well as other sports figures and television and radio personalities. No one is set in stone and I'm slowly building a guest list.

Please, if you have anything negative to say, please contact me through PMs. Again, if you feel this is spam then I truly apologize.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

IMHO This is totally NOT SPAM. This is a community board and you have cited a great cause. I would be interested in donating something and/or helping where possible. BTW don't forget to re-address the entire community here including the great Gals (you only mentioned gentlemen, cough cough). I have access to items that are hearing related but will see what else might be of interest.

PM me,

Stan

Thanks for the kind words guys. I will definitely pass out the information once I start getting things planned. Right now i'm putting together the paper work for the CCS.

When I start getting things together, i'll really need help putting together a basic webpage to advertise my event. As well, I know there are a lot of guides on here and if they would be interested in donating a day of fishing or half a day or whatever they can for my live and silent auction that would be great. I'm going to be getting into contact with numerous "celebrities" including Bob Izumi and Dave Mercer.

Thanks again guys and gals

Dave

• 2 months later...