Fished Belwood Lake this weekend

evster

Saturday I decided to stay close to home and try Belwood Lake. I had fished it once before but only for a short time. I was planning on doing some exploring but it was pretty windy so I ended up fishing a bay that was a bit more protected from the wind and didn't leave since we were getting steady fish, and I brought a friend who doesn't get out much so he was loving it. We probably got about a dozen smallies like the one below and about a dozen pike. Most of the pike were small but 3 were decent, not huge but big enough to pull back. We only got a couple of the smallies on tubes and the rest were smashing crankbaits which was fun. I was impressed with the number of fish we caught and a couple of the bass were pretty good size (low batteries in the camera = no proof of those ones). Here was an average bass for the day...

2834131567_21d1e77f0b.jpg

Edited by evster

Guest Johnny Bass

Great report. I fished Belwood in the spring from shore and caught some pretty decent pike. I also fished the dam and did well also. Never fished the lake from a boat but I hear there are some pretty big pike in there. Sounds like you did pretty good. Anyways thanks for sharing.

Do they allow outboards on that lake?

Yes they do, which is why I tend to wait until September to fish there. It gets pretty busy out there. Its a pretty deep lake. They had already dropped the level quite a bit and it was still 45 feet deep in the middle.