My First Fishing post! (2 parts Camp & Grundy lake)

youngvedder

Hey All,

Its been the best fishing for me this summer, and perhaps the most focused on my side in years. The Fishing bug grabbed me in MAy and hasn't let go. HAd an opportunity to head up to my Camp 5 times so far this year May - Aug Although the weather has played with the fish (we have had torrential rains, hail, winds that have been unreal, and unseasonable cold water) we have enjoyed our time out.

here is our little piece of paradise1366616364_e262643695_m.jpg

My Goal for the year was to catch a Walleye (i've only caught one ever)....and some Pike, bass, and perhaps a lake trout (no luck)

Well, unfortunately the Walleye was not meant to be, no matter what we did, we could not get any bites. People around us, of course, were pulling them in with little or no problem! ( i guess I havent put my time in yet). we tried for days; early morning, midday, evening, late night, gigs, spoons, rapalas.....

We arrived to the camp on 8/01 to crazy weather as described, and it was off and on until the 6th when the bad weather finally lifted. We fished the entire time, but really had no activity until the weather improved...amazing what weather can do to the fish.

We did have some good luck, but were still skunked with the illusive Walleye and L. Trout. Bass seemed to be the major biter of the week.

Interestingly, when I caught this guy2755797770_34312b8caf_m.jpg about four or five large ones followed him in almost right up to the net....So we knew many more where down there. my GF was super excited to throw the line in and catch her first sm bass 2755801078_94993a500b_m.jpg and now she is hooked on fishing!!

We did a good troll evening around the bay pulling in a few Sm/lg bass and my gf had a large PIke on, but as luck would have it, he broke the line...we did get a quick visual, and it was a beauty...next time! My dad's goal for the night was a pike, and he got everything but! oh well, more excuses to go out again soon.

We returned to the dock, and I thought "just one more cast"...and as luck would have it, caught a nice scrappy pike, the one my dad wanted! Not a huge guy, but a fun fight! 2766042899_001538779f_m.jpg

we ended our week up there on the 10th, and have been sad ever since!

a few picks from the area... We are just south of Espanola off Lang Lake in the La Cloche Mountain range and within the boundaries of the extended Killarney PP.

716393059_8a86ea1636_m.jpg Lovers Leap, La Cloche Mtns.

1526904835_146617b930_m.jpg

1526915403_935b8247d0_m.jpg

1366611932_2d86a41804_m.jpg

We also had an opportunity to head upto grundy Lake PP for the long weekend.

2818607009_e72c6aeb0e_m.jpg

Beautiful park, great camp sites, and very clean. Weather was absolutely perfect, but our time on the water was severly limited. since the place was so busy, getting a canoe was next to impossible. We did manage a few hours out with only a few bites. My GF was able to pull in her personal best Pike 2819434660_c272205d04_m.jpg which further fueled her new found love of fishing.

a monster Snapping turtle was spotted, a few Otters, a bear, and some unwelcome night visiters (Raccoons) were some wildlife spottings

I recommend the park, and hope to get back sometime soon!

thanks for reading!

cheers,

Yv

Edited by Roy

1st off Good Report.

Now that you're joining the ranks of the OFC Photo Assulters, swing by photobucket.com and set up an account for yourself. It's free. The pictures posted are larger and they the admins will be happier lol.

Tight Lines

-Ramble

Guest Johnny Bass

Great report,nice cottage and even nicer scenery! Pickerel can be very challenging to catch during the day! You'll get em next time. Anyways, thanks for sharing.