opinions on this boat....or what should I buy

Well it's still early in the season, but fall is fast approaching and I'm already lurking for a winter project. My daughter Averie going to be 2 years old at the end of October and Ginny just found out she's pregnant so when the new Bonin baby is born next spring Averie will most likely be taggin' along for most of my adventures on the reservoir. This means my personal pontoon boat has to take a hit in order to make room for some fishin' partners.

I'm looking at this little boat right now, but haven't been in one before so I'm not sure of the stability and comfort.

med_gallery_133_237_75355.jpg

Also you know me and that I don't know well enough to leave something alone so I need to be able to Mod the hell out of it! haha

I'm working on a tight budget, hoping to get $400.00 for the modified Tooner and another $200 tossed into the mix leaves me a

measly $600.00 for a boat and trailer! EEESSSHHH....but hey I'm havin' another kiddo so it's aaalllllllll good!

Thanks for any tips or advice guys!

Cheers,

Ryan

Here's what's gonna happen. You'll buy the boat....then your second child will come (Congrats by the way!!!), then you'll be too busy and broke to work on it.....LOL.

At any rate, how big is the boat? Looks like a 12 footer....could be smaller....hard to tell from the angle the pic was taken. Is that about a 5 or 4 foot beam? I'm sure it's stable enough for you and Avery though...especially in small waters. The trick is to bring stuff for Avery to do....we bring bubbles, colouring books and lots of snacks when we take the little one out in the boat...hehe.

Good luck...and congrats!

LOL thanks for the tips Cliff - It's a 12 footer in pretty well mint condition....I never even thought to ask how wide the beam is, I'll find out today - thanks for that one. As for being to busy and broke to work on it, the plan is to get'er done this winter BEFORE the baby comes - ;) Averie Loves bubbles so that's a great tip, and I have an underwater video system so I could set that up and she could watch the little tv of the fishes underwater - just thought of that one now....

Does anybody have experience with this boat though - VS. getting a 12 foot aluminum?

THanks again,

UF

Looks decent, if the price is right then go for it, those older outboards last forever, give it some TLC (carb cleaning, plugs, impeller, lower end gear oil change) and it should be good to go.

If you are fishing small water then it's a good choice, she looks like she's got plenty of room.

My 3 1/2 year old and 2 year old had a blast helping daddy pull up a whack of walleye up on LOTW last month, they even touched the fish and the worms and if that's not enough, they kept playing with the carcasses because they wanted to see the fishies. Only thing, your little one won't be able to be out on the boat for hours and hours, you'll get 2-3 hours tops before she loses it.

Looks like a nice little boat to me Urby!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Definately a step up from the "tooner"... I wouldn't troll Salmoons on Lake O with it, but for your small water haunts it should be perfect for a while!

Looking forward to pics of you, the young'un, and dog in it!!! That'll be a 3 ring circus eh!!! :D

Thanks for the replies guys - unfortunately she sold in a hurry, as do most good deals. I'm on the look-out for a 12 - 14 footer like this or aluminum with a trailer for $600 or so. I know I'm asking alot but with everything that's going on right now that's all I can squeak into the budget. Hopefully I can find something nice and maybe 6 months or so down the road find an older 9.9 to 20 HP johnson/evinrude for a good price.

Cheers,

Ryan