Bass on Erie

Radnine

Okay, this is my first report on OFC and I am extremely nervous, so be gentle.

A buddy and I made it out to Lake Erie yesterday, as for the first time in a while the wind gods were smiling on us.

We had a great day that started at 6:00AM to make it to Port Maitland by 6:45. When we arrived at the boat ramp we were slated #8 for departure. The procedure went as slick as a Weasel's privates and we were on the water in no time.

After searching for a bit we found the desired secret location (follow the twenty other boats) and quickly Gary grabbed this 3 1/2 lb. beauty. He was using a greenish Yum Dinger with black and red specks that was Texas rigged weightless.

P1000607.jpg

A short time later I got this 4 1/2 pounder (the picture doesn't do it or me any justice). I was using a Berkley 6" Gulp worm with a twisty tail in pumpkinseed, regular worm rigged. What a fight, magic!

P1000610.jpg

Then we moved around a bit and I nabbed this 2 pounder on a wacky rigged (with O ring) GRN PMP/CHART Yum Dinger

P1000611.jpg

We had a lovely visit from the OPP and everyone that we met on the water and at the ramp were extremely friendly.

Jim

(And yes, I do look like a door knob in that life jacket. I am hitting Santa up for an inflatable)