A week on Sturgeon Lake

Jonaton

Myself the family and our family friend/uncle to my kids rented a cottage up on sturgeon lake for a week recently. The lake I think is now my favourite out of the Kawartha lakes I have fished. We caught everything in the lake as well as hundreds of pan fish for the wife and kids.

While we got a few good fishing pics we missed a couple good fish forgetting the camera one day, catching an unexpected PB walleye at 2am off the dock the night we got there and losing about a 4lb PB smallie as it touched my fingertips and unhooked itself.

Out the first day I got this little guy, he was the worst fight for a muskie ever other than a nice 2 foot jump. He jumped then sat on top of the weeds beside the boat. I missed 2 more muskies that day both about the same size as every fish of in all species were caught on spinerbaits (or worms) they wouldn't bite anything else and we threw everything in the box at them. We picked up a few largies that day as well but nothing really of size so no shots.

114_0243.jpg

The next day out we had the 6 of us out in the boat, the kids were fishing with worms and we got a few nice smallies and some pan fish when suddenly my buddy says he has a muskie on. I fish the front he fishes the back and my wife 2 kids and granddaughter are between us so everyone moves over and under each other as I get ready to help him land it. This after a long time trying was my buddies first ever muskie a good healthy fish.

114_0380.jpg

We headed in shortly after that and headed out later to the same area, we tried but didn't get any more muskies the rest of the week as we had more family oriented activitie planned but had a good night with the smallies. We took a few shots but they were mosttly about the same size.

114_0262.jpg

114_0622.jpg

114_0440.jpg

114_0391.jpg

114_0385.jpg

It was funny at the start the girls were worried we would just want to fish the whole time, by the end they were on the dock more than us. We all had a blast and as always went by way too fast and I look forward to getting back to the lake soon.

Edited by Jonaton

A great mixed bag of fish there! Enough to keep everyone in the family interested....doesn't get much better than that. Sturgeon is my favourite lake now as well...even thinking of renting a slip there for my boat next season.

Great report with great pics...thanks for taking the time to put this together!