port maitland pier?

modny

You can catch SMBass, Walleye, Sheephead (Fresh Water Drum) and Channel Cats there.

I have also caught Carp, Pike and Gar it the same area.

There is the pier itself, and there is also a riverside park where you can fish.

From the pier you can fish either the Lake Erie side, or fish in the Grand River mouth.

Yep, like was said, you have a chance of catching about anything there. This time of year just be happy to hook onto anything at Pt. Maitland.

About 3 weeks ago we had great luck in the lake fishing for smallies from the boat, first one caught was over 20". Last week I tried again but nothing and didn't see too many people fishing from the pier or at the adjoining park.

One of these days I gotta get my pictures downloaded so I can post. :sleeping_02: Just so lazy lately.

it's just one of those spots....one day fishing will be on fire...the next nothing...The Grand changes all the time, tough body of water to crack, fish move around alot pending sediment,oxygen levels and such..but if you put the time into it, you will be rewarded. :Gonefishing: