My vacations ( 2nd week)

keram

After hauling the tent trailer home, I've hooked up the boat :thumbsup_anim: . We've rented the cottage on one of Kawarthas lake. I was warned by the owner of the marina that the fishing is slow due to unusual abundance of bait fish.. And he was right. The only fish I've landed was between 9-9:30 pm on shoals around this island.

med_gallery_186_422_52540.jpg

Average size

med_gallery_186_422_114365.jpg

The shoals around the island occupied me for a whole week

At sunset

med_gallery_186_422_45407.jpg

Just before sunset :D

med_gallery_186_422_14989.jpg

And in the fog

med_gallery_186_422_22254.jpg

Finally the island was claimed by my daugters after lengty( about 5 min ) :lol: voyage on the paddle boat

med_gallery_186_422_47645.jpg

Again the dogs had lots of fun :dunno::D

med_gallery_186_422_55611.jpg

Couple more scenery shots

med_gallery_186_422_25815.jpg

med_gallery_186_422_41669.jpg

med_gallery_186_422_18993.jpg

Guest Johnny Bass

Great report. Good to hear you got some dinner! Thats usually the magic hour in the Kawarthas. The 1/2 hour before dark. The lake looks nice and calm. Thanks for sharing.

Nice report and pics Keram!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

I just knew we were going to see some action pics of the homemade lures in this report :wallbash: ... maybe next time eh? ;)

I was hopeing for this too Glen :whistling: The lake did not hold Muskies, but I did not waste time at all. Did some "fine tuning" :D of the lures, to make them run the way I like. the quality of the clips is not perfect, but you can get an idea.

Just keep in mind that for the recording purposes they are on a pretty short "leash" (about 5 yards). In reality they can go much deeper. (it depends on the trolling speed)

And when the rain was pouring like he$$, with very limited :rolleyes: tooling I've carved some more.

IMGP5528.JPG

Just need to make them look "nice" :D