Old Gas disposal

Cookslav

I have 9.9hp evinrude I have not used in about 4 years...nothing wrong with it, I simply have not had a boat that required this size of engine since then.

Anyway,

I wanna get her started, and tuned up for a freind to borrow.

My issue is The tank is 100% full.

I'm about 100% sure the Gas is pooched...

Unless your able to re-stabilize gas????

Anyway being I've stored it indoors its been recommended that I just dispose of the gas, re-fill the tank and give her a few yanks before I start mucking with the carb, filters, and plugs as they are more then likely in good shape...and now I just realized,

I have absolutly no idea how to go about that, or were to take the gas to be disposed of :dunno:

I have never had to worry about such a waste before :rolleyes:

I figured if anyone would know...someone here would!

If it smells like varnish then it now is, and gas does start to degrade the minute it leaves the refinery. There is a gas catalyst system that will treat gas and reformulate it but it's not worth the price for only one tank.

Alrighty then!

Thanks guys...I'll try the local shops first.

To bad though its about 30L of fuel mixed and ready...

I filled it up 4 years ago because I was "supposed" to be headed on a trip to a freinds Hunt camp, and something went sour (long story...)

Guess The Gas companies got away with a few more of my dollars...

Hard to beleive that I probobly filled that tank for about $23-25 and now its about $37-$39 :wallbash:LOL!

Oh well..

Most shops have a varsol tank for washing parts. If I need to dump fuel I'll take it to a truck shop and ask if they want some old gas for the parts washer. If it doesn't occur to them that they can use it instead of being reponsible for disposing it, they tend to decline. That's why I phrase the question "....for the parts washer".

-Brian