Lac des Mill Lac 2008

tbayboy

look like heaven to me...

do you guys drive all the way up?

how long did it take?

The best I've done driving was 14 hours but it cost me $350 in tickets, its usually more like 18 hours. I usually fly these days, much easier.

About the pike - GCD is right, I was scared to lift it up, well not scared but just didn't want to risk it for both my hands and the fish itself. Usually they freak out but this one never did so I figured the second I grabbed her she would and I had already cut myself on a 2 footer. So I figured it was best for all to just take some pics in the water and let her go at the side. As for the pike bias, its not these big ones that we all hate up here, hell I loved catching this big girl. Its the billion snot rockets that drive you batty - they're everywhere and they hit anything. Like sheephead down here only they're 18" long give no fight and take off with your best lures.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Northern Ontarians have no use for Pike. Sean, tjsa and I all argee to that fact. We'd rather not catch them than catch them.

I LOVE that Northern Ontario bias...keep it going :w00t: :w00t: Who wants to catch walleye where the only challenge is finding them. How many times have I seen the walleye death spiral where they give up the fight early in the battle and come into the boat spiral fashion. Then they get tough in the boat and flare their gills at you. You can just see it in the posture of the guys fishing walleye on the post...no battle in the foreseeable future. :whistling: Give me a snot rocket any day, at least they are aggressive and don't mouth the lure forever. And comparing a mid 40 pike to a trophy walleye...the big girls make your heart race with their power and cunning. The trophy walleye...stays a little longer on the bottom and gives you some extra head shakes. The only thing going for the walleye is the nice colouring and easy filleting.

Edited by scuro

As for the pike bias, its not these big ones that we all hate up here, hell I loved catching this big girl. Its the billion snot rockets that drive you batty - they're everywhere and they hit anything. Like sheephead down here only they're 18" long give no fight and take off with your best lures.

O.K i kinda get why the pike are frowned on there, seeing that 18 inchers hit everything, and there nasty little teeth will still cut you. Sounds like there akin to mosquitos. Pike are not as populous down in southern Ontario.

Great report as usual Sean.

ehg